Chris Grier W/ Marvin Allen & Reggie Mckenzie Vs W/ Gase & Tannenbaum | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier W/ Marvin Allen & Reggie Mckenzie Vs W/ Gase & Tannenbaum

It would be ironic that the front office guy that turns us around has been sitting in our front office the last 20 years.

You couldn't ask for a better start in my opinion. Hopefully it leads to more success.

Safe solid choices with Grier this past draft. That's fine they didn't have a lot of bites at the apple this year. They did make a nice high upside decision with Rosen.

Next year, and hopefully beyond, with more draft capital this front office will make some riskier bolder moves sprinkled in with safe solid choices.

I know its early but I still without a doubt take a QB high in 2020. Let Rosen and Tua/Herbert/Fromm battle it out going forward. Even if you have to trade Rosen down the road, hopefully we recoup the 2nd round pick for him if he has shown he can be a quality starter in the league.

I know its early but I still without a doubt take a QB high in 2020. Let Rosen and Tua/Herbert/Fromm battle it out going forward. Even if you have to trade Rosen down the road, hopefully we recoup the 2nd round pick for him if he has shown he can be a quality starter in the league.

Flores and O'Shea have the QB GOAT to use as a measuring stick. If they feel Rosen measures up, I'd much rather roll with him a second season of getting more comfortable and sell the high #1 for a bounty of riches.

Flores and O'Shea have the QB GOAT to use as a measuring stick. If they feel Rosen measures up, I'd much rather roll with him a second season of getting more comfortable and sell the high #1 for a bounty of riches.
And then Trevor Lawrence it in '21!

What a difference having 2 seasoned football guys in his ear.. being praised all over the place for Miami's "savvy."

Grier's first independent draft when not tied to Adam and Mike is like night and day!

Just sayin'
I was just talking to a friend of mine and when was the last time anybody outside South Florida talked about us for days after the draft?
When was the last time we moved in the draft like we just did? Year in and year out it was "blah".
Grier and Co have done more in one draft than all our FOs the last 20 years combined.

Glad tbaum and gase are both gone. tbaum should never have been hired in the first place.

It's easy to look good when you have zero expectations, and what they're trying to do at the moment isn't brain surgery. Also if you want to blame Gase and Tannenbaum for everything bad that happened prior to this offseason, you have to credit them for Tunsil, Howard, Grant among others.

I will say though that the Rosen trade was ballsy despite the fact that they're making it sound like there's no downside. The downside is that he shows upside like Tannehill and wins enough games that they're out of reach of one of the top QBs in next year's draft and aren't certain that they want to pay the price to trade up. Of course, the upside could be massive too, but even then it's a matter of having the ability to recognize it.

What a difference having 2 seasoned football guys in his ear.. being praised all over the place for Miami's "savvy."

Grier's first independent draft when not tied to Adam and Mike is like night and day!

Just sayin'

It was refreshing to feel like there were grown ups in the room instead a group of brooding power grabbers (both coaches and FO) trying to one up each other.

I still don't know if I should believe, but at least we might just might have a glimmer of a heartbeat.

I admit that I wasn’t on board with keeping Grier at first. But it seems like the guy has a plan. I love the additions of Mckenzie and Allen. I didn’t love the Rosen trade but I’m willing to trust Grier at this point and let’s see how it plays out.

Just sayin'
Couldn't agree more. Many were down on Grier without actually knowing who was really pulling the strings. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here, I'm taking the wait and see approach. I like what I've seen so far. It is night and day.

Back
Top Bottom