Chris Grier’s Wednesday April 21 media availability thread via Wingfield | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier’s Wednesday April 21 media availability thread via Wingfield

I just want say Grier was head of our scouting dept before being the Gm. He’s below average evaluating talent. I could care less what he has to say , the real guy drafting players is Flores and his crew. Grier should of been fired along with his scouts years ago. This is my opinion of course.

I just want say Grier was head of our scouting dept before being the Gm. He’s below average evaluating talent. I could care less what he has to say , the real guy drafting players is Flores and his crew. Grier should of been fired along with his scouts years ago. This is my opinion of course.
I agree that for having a scouting background, Grier hasn't crushed it as a GM when it comes to the draft. That said, I think it would have been a terrible mistake to have moved on from Grier. There are a few reasons why I think he's a great fit for Miami right now.

1 - I think Grier is largely responsible for bringing Flo here. Him getting the job and Gase getting hired back in 2016 more seemed like a package deal to me. Whereas with the hiring of Flo, this seemed more like (as Ross said at the time) Grier is in the driver's seat and gets to pick his guy. That was the most important decision of his career. It's like finding a woman to marry. And so far, it seems like Grier made a fantastic choice.

2 - Grier is undoubtedly a mover and shaker. He's fantastic at accumulating draft capital. He's not afraid of making a splash. And he knows how to put together trades with other NFL GMs. If you're looking for a strong suit with Grier, despite his background as a scout, this is absolutely it.

3 - I think Grier is willing to defer to Flo when it comes to talent acquisition through the draft. That's why I'm not as worried about his spotty draft record as others. The only draft record I care about with him is what he's done since Flo has been here. I'm not suggesting that Grier doesn't have opinions or isn't going to pound the table for his guys. What I am saying is that I think Grier recognizes that he's attached to Flo at the hip, and so he better go out and get Flo the guys he wants.

It’s fairly clear who had the final say when Tannenbaum was here. Grier may not lead us to a super bowl, but the man has my respect

And a terrible and amateur opinion it is...

What's funny to me is the Patriots have won more games and chips that anyone in the last 10-20ish years.

Yet, NO ONE, would say that's because they had the best GM in the history of the game.

Last edited:
He hired Flo, Traded what may yet become the greatest trade of all time, and perhaps drafted the next "franchise QB" ? You would have fired him? 'Nuff said...

We don't know who Grier scouted when he was a scout. The GM picks the players not the scout and until Grier we have had terrible people in charge (Ireland, Tannebaum)

Last edited:
And a terrible and amateur opinion it is...

What's funny to me is the Patriots have won more games and chips that anyone in the last 10-20ish years.

Yet, NO ONE, would say that's because they had the best GM in the history of the game.
As a matter of fact, the pats are known as a very mediocre to poor drafting team

He hired Flo, Traded what may yet become the greatest trade of all time, and perhaps drafted the next "franchise QB" ? You would have fired him? 'Nuff said...
When Miami becomes a perennial playoff team then you can say that. I like Flores but he hasn’t done anything yet. Time will tell but I will say it again Grier is a below average evaluator.

Back
Top Bottom