Chris Mortensen chat! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen chat!

kbeath said:
Hello? Some people are just ignorant..."Matt Jones can't be a great WR. There are no great WHITE WRs." You must be young because one of if not the best of all time is Steve Largent. Dont make ignorant posts when you are obviously a child!!!!!!

Yes and the Fred Billetnikoff reward. But it is mostly true that the overwelming amount of great wide receivers are black. Frankly I love that for all who have pride in that - I loved Duper and Clayton. - Still do. But to say that a player will or won't be good based on the color of his skin is racist. It is inherently preposterous and shows true ignorance.

yamutha3002 said:
HEY D!CKHE@D! I don't remember insulting you in that post so why don't you mind your own goddamn business? Also I never said Jones was going to be a bust now did I? I simply presented a scenario of what could possibly happen and the out come of fan reaction toward it. I am very aware that we are all fin fans but that doesn't mean we all have to be a bunch of cheesey *******s and love each other because we all have a common interest. What he said was stupid and it deserved to be critized IMO. Why? Not so he can feel stupid but so he can learn from it (hopefully). I also have no probelm with the thought of Matt Jones being successful but I simply do not care enough about the guy to feel he is a must have. Now if he were to fall to us and Saban felt he would be a good investment then I am all for it but I don't believe he is worth trading up for in any shape form or fashion(especially with blitz's bright idea). So next time you decide to throw your two cents in on something that doesn't involve you trying doing yourself a favor and keep out of it.;)

Sorry, but I'm going to invite myself into any conversation where someone needs to be reminded that they're a douchebag. Yes, this applies to you. ou can disagree with me all the want, but I wouldn't expect you to suggest putting a bullet into the back of my head.

And check your sarcasm detector.

Mort's son is a qb @ UArk

So he's probably seen a lot more of Matt Jones than most. As an Auburn fan, I'm thrilled that we won't have to face a Jones led team any longer. The kid was a hell of a playmaker.

Didn't know it was gonna cause a big deal, i was just joking having a good time. I am white not like im making a racist joke or nothing. Just watched my Sox get their but kicked and thought id lighten the mood for myself.

this is like a mini-soap opera in here....

Now boys....why don't we tone it down a notch and move on or get back on topic....

Taking Matt Jones at 46....would be as bad as paying three picks for a pot-head that wears a wedding dress. Matt Jones at best is a project player....and hasn't proved he could play at receiver or tight end....he hasn't been hit once...and some fans want to use a second round pick on him? The playing field has been littered with potential players who had speed and or size....but when it came to game day....they melted away from the heat of the game. Use the pick for a player who has proved he's worth it.

Charles said:
McMichael, Chambers, Booker, Jones, Ricky and Cadillac

Nice but no Ricky if he comes back he is trade bait.

Trade bait???? For what??? A six pack and a scratch ticket?????? Trading Ricky Williams for what he is worth right now, virtually nothing, is just as risky as keeping him. Think about it, let's say we trade Williams for a late round draft choice and he gets his head screwed on right and is better than anyone we have for the next 4 years. We will look look fools. I've been saying a along dealing with the Ricky situation properly and in a fashion that's in the best interest to the fins in crucial.

SECfootball said:
Sorry, but I'm going to invite myself into any conversation where someone needs to be reminded that they're a douchebag. Yes, this applies to you. ou can disagree with me all the want, but I wouldn't expect you to suggest putting a bullet into the back of my head.

And check your sarcasm detector.

A wise man once said that it is better to have everyone think you're an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all the doubt. "Yes, this applies to you". I mean really if you can't think of an intelligent responce to what I said then keep your mouth shut because you're just making yourself look even more dumb by responding with some incompentent rambling like this.

Mod Note: I'll just throw this in with the other violations and leave it at two days off. But if you come back with this attitude, don't expect to be around long. This is NOT a smack-forum. No one gets to personally attack others here, and no one tells anyone else they can't offer their opinions on a topic. Period.

P4E

TigerNMiami said:
So he's probably seen a lot more of Matt Jones than most. As an Auburn fan, I'm thrilled that we won't have to face a Jones led team any longer. The kid was a hell of a playmaker.
Thanks as that is where I'm headed. Morts son is a QB at Arkansas and he obviously is trying to help out one of his son's buddies. While we all know that Jones stock has risen substantially since the combines, no one else is throwing out the first round hype that Mortensen is. If they are their only doing it because they heard it from Mort. I honestly don't see Jones going any higher than the 3rd round and more likely 4th or 5th.

An NFL GM would be nuts to pick him higher as there's no game film to be studied to support the pick, only a few plays in a non game situation at a combine. No NFL GM is going to risk their neck drafting him the first day without being able to show why they would do so. Too many questions such as can he get off the line in bump and run coverage?

yamutha....i'd tone it down a bit. Blitz was obviously kidding in case you couldn't get that (obviously not) and he didn't deserve to have you ream him for no reason. Nor should you be slamming into SEC as much as you are.

I'm not a mod here....but you're relatively new here and thus far you're on track to being given some "time-off" from the board.

yamutha3002 said:
A wise man once said that it is better to have everyone think you're an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all the doubt. "Yes, this applies to you". I mean really if you can't think of an intelligent responce to what I said then keep your mouth shut because you're just making yourself look even more dumb by responding with some incompentent rambling like this.

Since you've strayed from the original topic (your inability to detect Blitz's sarcasm) and reduced yourself to soley personal attacks, I'm not going to waste any more of my time telling you what everyone else already knows.

If you want to talk about "incompentent rambling," take a look at the half page essays you wrote calling others idiots.

Blitz said:
This kid is going to be greater than Jerry Rice. Maybe a first-round pick and Patrick Surtain sounds like a lot right now, but someday we'll wish we had spent the second overall pick on him ;)

I let that first post about surtain for their first this year and our first next year. But I can't let this one go by...dude step away from the crack pipe!

:shakeno:

yamutha3002 said:

Man, you are a complete arse. You may not agree with how highly Matt Jones is thought of but there is no reason for your personal bashing of other members.

This guy has the potential to be the best pick in the entire draft. I'm not saying he will, but he has the potential. Is he worth a late 1st, in my opinion yes. Is the best way to acquire a late 1st - to trade Surtain and our 2006 1st, I don't think so. I wouldn't want to draft him if that's whats required. Instead we need to trade down from #2 and pick up a late 1st so that we can take him. To me, he is the #1 priority in this draft because of the potential value of getting a top 5 pick talentwise at the end of the 1st.

Mod Note: The text I highlighted above is a derogatory personal comment. It violates the house rules. If someone's earning a label like that, do not express it in a thread; NOTIFY A MOD.

Thanks,
P4E

Back
Top Bottom