Chris Mortensen chat! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen chat!

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This guy is killing any chance we may get Matt Jones at #46.

pete (medina,ny): hiya mort, great article on Matt Jones. I got to see him a little bit, but i don't see why he wouldn't get a chance to be a QB. Sure he's a great athlete and could be utilized in other positions, but why not stay with the position he's played throughout his collegiate career?

clear.gif
Chris Mortensen: Well, Sylvester Croom and Greg Robinson kind of agree with you. They don't know why teams aren't looking at him as a QB. But let me say this. Matt's throwing shoulder is not healthy. Had it been healthy during his time at Arkansas to where he would have improved as a QB, he would not only be the first player taken, but 10 teams would try to trade up to get him. Even talking to Matt, he understands why he's being projected to another position.

Chris did a very short 20 minute chat and took 5 questions (all very similar) on Matt Jones. He's hyping the kid like crazy. I really wish we could draft Smith at #2 but it looks like we will need to trade down and get a late 1st pick to get Jones. If we trade down we should still be able to get Carnell Williams in the 10-15 range. McMichael, Chambers, Booker, Jones, Ricky and Cadillac .... daaayyyuum.

McMichael, Chambers, Booker, Jones, Ricky and Cadillac

Nice but no Ricky if he comes back he is trade bait.

Sorry man i think the steelers might take him at #30 especially when they need a big play wr after plax left and he fits right in...same size, 20 lb.s heavier and actually much faster than burress

how about we trade down with the vikings, get their 2 firsts and then trade down from #18 to 28 or something like that so we can pick jones up and get more picks in the process

Wow, Mortensen is making me feel privileged to have seen Matt Jones play in his career at Arkansas. I always knew he was something special, but I didn't think the entire country would before the 2005 draft.

SEC Football-
Is that Jones in your sig? I thought he wore #9?

It doesn't look like Minnesota wants to give up both 1st's to move up. I think the demand for our pick will heat up come draft day. In fact I think the demand will be more for Braylon Edwards than for the 2nd QB. Ideally we get something from Cleveland to let them move up and get Smith, then trade down to the 9-13 area where I think Cadillac Williams will still be available. That way we should have picked up an extra couple of 2nd's or a late 1st which we can use on Matt Jones.

caneaddict said:
SEC Football-
Is that Jones in your sig? I thought he wore #9?

It doesn't look like Minnesota wants to give up both 1st's to move up. I think the demand for our pick will heat up come draft day. In fact I think the demand will be more for Braylon Edwards than for the 2nd QB. Ideally we get something from Cleveland to let them move up and get Smith, then trade down to the 9-13 area where I think Cadillac Williams will still be available. That way we should have picked up an extra couple of 2nd's or a late 1st which we can use on Matt Jones.
no thats tony bua

yamutha3002 said:
I think Mort has the hots for Jones.

That white stain on his pants is quite disturbing :shakeno:

I wonder if the Colts would consider giving us the 29th overall pick for Patrick Surtain and our 2006 first-round pick...

Blitz said:
I wonder if the Colts would consider giving us the 29th overall pick for Patrick Surtain and our 2006 first-round pick...

That'd be a big ripoff for us :confused:

Jaj said:
That'd be a big ripoff for us :confused:

your beig way to kind....try worst trade in the history of the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom