Chris Mortenson just reported | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortenson just reported

hooserdaddy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Chris Mortenson just reported on ESPN that the Chiefs were going to make a decision either tonight or by noon tomorrow on giving up a 2nd rd pick for Surtain. IMO I think they are about to crack!!!

I sure hope it is more than a second round pick.

There is something bad wrong with things if Philip Buchanan draws more in a trade than Patrick Surtain.

I think that the trade will happen sometime late Friday afternoon. I do believe that the Cjeifs will cave in and trade there 2nd rounder.

hooserdaddy said:
IMO I think they are about to crack!!!

I dont think they will. CP has shown a lot of resolve, but it had to get done by tommorow anyway, because Carl said he didnt want to deal with it during the draft

Minny is less likely than before... im guessing we end up stuck at two. ALl these trade down scenarios don't make sense for the teams involved.

vikings can get williams or williamson later, not a big drop from braylon, if at all...
bucs need more than one guy and aren't willing to sacrifice more than their 1st and 3rd, because i dont think they are THAT enamored with the guy they claim to want.

redskins are talking to teams, but said they wont part with both firsts.

Ideally a vikings or bucs trade down would be nice, but imskeptical as of now.

KB21 said:

There is something bad wrong with things if Philip Buchanan draws more in a trade than Patrick Surtain.
I agree KB but its the contract thats lowering his value not the talent level. we could use 5 mill in cap space as much as the pick imo.

I think were going to end up getting a 2nd and 5th this year. KC has 3 5th rd picks and will probably give one of them up.

KB21 said:

KB, I greatly respect your opinions and posts.

But I have to disagree with you.

Houston overpaid for Buchanon... but Buchanon is 23 and has a very cheap contract for the next 2 years.

They are the only reasons why the Raiders got that much.. it is no reflection on talent.

KB21 said:

I think the ONLY reason is Buchannan is more cap friendly for the next couple years.

zeke0123 said:
I agree KB but its the contract thats lowering his value not the talent level. we could use 5 mill in cap space as much as the pick imo.

Buchanon=no signing bonus
700,000 '05 salary
800,000 '06 salary

Dolphins17-0 said:
Minny is less likely than before... im guessing we end up stuck at two. ALl these trade down scenarios don't make sense for the teams involved.

vikings can get williams or williamson later, not a big drop from braylon, if at all...
bucs need more than one guy and aren't willing to sacrifice more than their 1st and 3rd, because i dont think they are THAT enamored with the guy they claim to want.

redskins are talking to teams, but said they wont part with both firsts.

Ideally a vikings or bucs trade down would be nice, but imskeptical as of now.

I hear Williamson has great straight line speed but runs crappy routes. I think there is a good drop off from Edwards.

Sean LaChapelle said:
Buchanon=no signing bonus
700,000 '05 salary
800,000 '06 salary

That doesn't matter.

Surtain is 10 times the player Buchanan is. If Buchanan is worth a 2nd and a 3rd, then you wouldn't get Surtain unless you gave up the 15th pick if I were running things.

I heard Mort say the same thing. Just minutes before Mort was on SportsCenter, over on ESPNNews Mueller seemed to think we will get the 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom