CHRIS "not on the radar screen" CARTER retires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CHRIS "not on the radar screen" CARTER retires

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
CHRIS "not on the radar screen" CARTER has nobody to blame...

How many times now....have we heard the same monicker...time and time again;..by WANN-SPIEL---when a reporter asks "Whats going on with CHRIS CARTER?

Answer: "He is not on the radar screen"

Well....it would be nice for WANN-SPIEL to come clean on the manner...instead of just repeating the same old, boring statement.

The bottom line is this: The Dolphin brass is playing major hardball with CARTER....because of the way CARTER walked away from there so called "verbal agreement".

In his very last meeting with COACH WANNSTEDT...and then later that night...at dinner with a few of the players......it was CHRIS CARTER who mercifully informed ALL HE TOLD THAT DAY......that he A. WANTED TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS and B. THAT HE WOULD PLAY FOR THE VETERAN MINIMUM....BUT WITH AN INCENTIVE PACKAGE THAT COULD EASILY BE REACHED TO EARN HIM A FINAL SALARY OF $1.5 MILLION.

Although nothing was ever formally negotiated in writing.....it did not take CARTER that long....maybe the next day or so.....to interview and audition for HBO and FOX to become possibly their next studio analyst for this upcoming season.

He also stated to a reporter that he would see "how the Dolphins are doing in JUNE....when they free up more cap room" (for himself, presumably) within a few days since telling many players and WANN-SPIEL...."that he wanted to become a member of the DOlphins".

ALL SAID......the Dolphin brass thinks that whatever CARTER is saying.....it really has no credibility. They feel that he is all about money...right now....and whichever team is willing to give him what he wants.....he will sign there.

The Dolphins really gave CARTER a chance to join the team....before the draft....and before they drafted WR SAM SIMMONS...they really did. The DOlphins would have given CARTER the veteran minimum.....plus the incentive package...so CARTER would be able to earn his $1.5 million dollars.

But CARTER never showed any sincereity about really signing this kind of deal.....and like I said......within the next couple of days....all you heard from CARTER...was about him auditioning with the networks....and that he really did not want to play for the veteran minimum....and would go into that wait and see mode.

Well....the wait and see may be all but done with regards to CHRIS CARTER. Here we have witness a HOF WR....who has literally mis-managed his own WORLD-TOUR... a great player who now....cannot find a job....mainly beacuse of his own stupid remarks. And now....it appears his chances of landing a network gig.,,are also falling by the waste side as well.

Its been truly an unforgettable and regrettable off-season for CHRIS CARTER...... he had his chances....and not only in MIAMI. He butchered his chances with the BROWNS and the RAMS as well.....all for stupid and careless behavior. He literally had his chance to come home....and play for the DOLPHINS.....as the DOlphins never had any reason not to listen to CARTER....once he showed the initial interest.

And now.....it appears the DOLPHINS have seen and heard enough of CARTER also. He had his chance.....and he literally blew it.... He tells everyone around him....he wants to play here...close to home....and win a super bowl.

And you know what the Dolphin brass is now thinking....?
"BULL- " "

DCH

Interesting.

I know Jay played with Carter in MN, wonder what he thinks.

the first reaction to CC, Sr is to say go #$%#% yourself, but if
HE WOULD PLAY FOR THE VETERAN MINIMUM....BUT WITH AN INCENTIVE PACKAGE THAT COULD EASILY BE REACHED TO EARN HIM A FINAL SALARY OF $1.5 MILLION.
, then we get a HOF WR with min. cap hit so that we can also get a DE. :cool:

thanks DCH

i think the dolphins are waiting to see who becomes available on june 1st at wr and every other position...i.e.burnett wont be signed unless he takes the minimum and now it loooks like marco coleman will get cut...i think thats what they are doing with carter...look at the alternatives and see who the best fit is...contract wise and age wise...

Personally I think this SUCKS! I wanted Carter to be a dolphin,with the loss of OJ McDuff, We need a vetern possesion WR that will make big plays. Miami needs him. I hope they end up signing him.:cry:

and more....

NFL | Carter Announces Retirment; Headed to HBO - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:50 PT: According to the Sporting News, free agent WR Cris Carter (Vikings) has announced he's retiring from the NFL and has accepted an on-air position to serve as an analyst with HBO Sports

Carter is being a major hose-bag about the whole thing. I think he's still in shock that every team in the NFL wasn't lined up to kiss his ass so he'd play for them. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but he's reaching "that age":rolleyes: .

Good, now we all know for a fact he didn't want a Super Bowl all that badly(like he stated) and was really looking for another payday(like he denied).

I have ZERO problems with a guy trying to get all the money he can, but to lie about it is the thing that irked me with CC. Seriously, how the hell did his public relations/agent let him talk all this crap, and screw himself over the way he did? I guess that's why he fired his old agent.

CC proved again that he really wasn't in it to win, not saying he wanted to lose, but he said he would play for the vet min to try for a ring, then recants that statement and then wanted----to get paid accordingly. Doesn't work that way with WRs over 35!!!!

Good riddance.......

Its so sad to see such good talent go to waste like that....Especially a hall of famer going out like that......what a way to end his career:(

WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM!:yell:

Man that sucks!
I was hoping one day I would wake up and see on the news Wanny saying "well this morning we spotted something on our radar......hmmm....and it seemed to look like chris carter."

Back
Top Bottom