Chris Rix to SD | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Rix to SD

dolphinman23

Starter
Reaction score
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

any FSU fans out there? This guy was a joke in college, i vote no way he makes the team

ima huge FSU fan. I think he would be a good developmental QB. If he could get some field awwareness and vision he would make a godo QB. Hes got a good arm and hes very atheltic. I hope he makes the pratice squad and learns.

Rix is very talented.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

It's pathetic in a way, Rix has all the physical tools to be a great QB...but the brain of an idiot. I hate FSU...I hate Rix...but I also hate wasted talent.

Noodle Arm said:
It's pathetic in a way, Rix has all the physical tools to be a great QB...but the brain of an idiot. I hate FSU...I hate Rix...but I also hate wasted talent.

I agree.. But I think Rix's is not all to blame.. The coaching and the lack of prepartion that really hurt him.

Good point about coaching Bama, but Noodle hit it on the head. All the physical tools in the world. Every once in a while he would have a game that showed that, but in most of the 'big games' (for FSU, all the UM games) he was horrible. UM had a good game plan against him and he just looked terrible. The problem with his head, is he thinks he is better than he is so he does not try hard enough to get better. Therefore, I doubt he ever makes it in the NFL. Maybe for a year or two, but he will never be anything more than a clip board holder.

i dont think it was coaching that was his problem, i think it was the fact that he is a ****y idiot that couldve been great, but did not mature, every year from his freshmen to senior year you saw the exact same QB, exact same mistakes, he thought his poop didnt stink,

Jeff Bowden's offensive in Tallahassee in no great shakes, but Rix had a very good junior season (i think 23 Tds and 12 INT's). He couldn't come up in big games, not because of the pressure, but because his antics didn't translate well against better talent.

I.E. watching him shake off several defensive lineman and throw a strike to a reciever is fun to watch when he's playing the rest of the ACC. watching him hold on to the ball and get killed by a UM DE is horribly frustrating . . . almost as frustrating as watching him throw off his back foot into a UM secondary when the passing lanes close a lot quicker than he thought.

On the positive side, last year I read at an FSU work out he was hand clocked at 4.37 for his 40 (0.1 s behind craphonsothorpe.)

He also is all heart, whatever that's worth, he will do a front flip to get a first down.

true, maybe he will mature finally now that he sees if he doesn't he is out of a football and has to get a real job

he is not better then berlin, although i think they are in the same class, berlin could pull it togather when he needed, Rix relied on his WRs to make great grabs, with thorpe and PK and boldin, he wouldve been trashed a while ago, all i can say is thank God he isnt a 'nole anymore, hopefully they start that freshman they redshirted last year, cant remember his name, but he was like on of the top 5 QBs in the nation for HS

Back
Top Bottom