Chris Simms claims Jarrett Stidham is More Talented than Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms claims Jarrett Stidham is More Talented than Tua

Simms is a nobody desperate for attention. You see it so much in this business.
You may be correct but he gets ratings because he is friendlier than his Dad, has a nice smile, blonde hair and has a matching tattoo with Kyle Shanahan.

Stidam’s the best and you best believe it
Bring it on he can take or leave it
Stidam’s the best he can push the thunder
He’s the best of the seven wonder

Let it play out on Fields..the oc, coach and team talent will have more do with. Who will be best player.. out of the. Two.

He likes to say how Tua had much more talent around him. While I agree he did have better weapons, didn't those weapons start getting a lot more touches once Tua took over though?

The weapons and surrounding talent criticism has been proven to be a very flawed and narrow argument. It's tired.

Besides, having played at both Baylor and Auburn, wasn't Stidham surrounded by a lot of talent???

It's just a weak, ridiculous way to look at things. As I've point out before, that logic would lead someone to believe Joe Montana wasn't all that good due to the countless Hall of Fame coaches and players he was surrounded by. Same goes for Tom Brady.

As I've also pointed out many times now, Alabama has seem the likes of Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Amare Cooper, OJ Howard, and countless blue chip elite RB's and lineman pour through that program the past 12 years yet no other Tide QB managed to look as good or be as productive as Tua.

Shouldn't that tell the naysayers something?

I mean, you have to go back to the days of Joe Willie Namath and Kenny Stabler to find a name QB. Historically, Bama hasn't been known as a QB U. Even under Saban, the position has largely been manned by caretakers. Caretakers that, at best, became marginal QB's in the NFL. AJ McCarron was arguably the best prior to Tua yet he never excelled to the level Tua did.

Look no further than Jalen Hurts, who under performed as a thrower and was replaced by a freshman version of Tua. Jalen Hurts had the same surrounding talent yet didn't produce to the same level.
Hurts undoubtedly has looked much better while at Oklahoma and perhaps QB coaching could be a reason why.

But if it is, wouldn't that bode well for Tua? Since he looked much better under Bama's coaching staff than Hurts and presumably could improve even more under different coaching as Hurts has.

I love it when people like Chris Simms think their opinion is the only one that matters. The guy was a bad QB and now he thinks he knows it all?
Well don’t get it twisted, being a bad player doesn’t mean you can’t have a well informed opinion. But in this case, Simms is clearly just looking for ratings and is full of it

If only Tebow would chime in with another valued opinion from a failed NFL QB.... such respect .... both are really nice guys too

Neither Stidham nor Tua has been tested in the NFL ... who cares what these clowns think .... just trying to stay alive by living off the coattails of whatever hot topic they can muster ...

If only Tebow would chime in with another valued opinion from a failed NFL QB.... such respect .... both are really nice guys too

Neither Stidham nor Tua has been tested in the NFL ... who cares what these clowns think .... just trying to stay alive by living off the coattails of whatever hot topic they can muster ...

He said he's not impressed because Tua's highlight reel is only 5 yard out passes, not like Burrow's

That's complete and utter BS. Either he's desperate for attention or a complete moron. Or both.

So because Simms was a QB he knows how to analyze QBs? Curious how he would have ranked himself coming out. I think his buttoned up shirts are cutting off the air to his pea brain.

Sims obviously think Tua is vastly overrated and like everyone else, he is certainly entitled to his opinion. The best thing about all the opinions concerning a Tua is we will all get to see Tua play and then he will be able to show if it was him or the talent around him at Alabama.
I really don’t take any opinion of Tua and what he will be as a QB in the NFL seriously at this time. He will have the opportunity to show if he is the long term answer at the QB position for the Dolphins and that is all we can ask for at this point in his NFL career.

Stidham has yet to prove anything, Tua has at least been successful at the college level. Stidham has physical tools, a better arm than Tua, but is that more important than the decision making process that Tua seems to posses? We'll know more at the end of this season.

Back
Top Bottom