Chris Simms claims Jarrett Stidham is More Talented than Tua | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms claims Jarrett Stidham is More Talented than Tua

Wow!!! I know Chris Simms had some kind of problem with Tua, and that is fine, free country to go on a limb and be as severely wrong as you want, but this now moving a bit more into the personal realm.

To go this far takes a special type of hatred for someone, because if and when he's proven wrong, he's going to lose what little credibility he has optained to this point.

Lol...Stidham of all people? Chris Simms deserves this bit of idiocy to follow him for the rest of his career.

I'm sure he'll say something like "I never said I didn't like Tua, I just said I had more questions/concerns about his odds for NFL success than most. Tua's done a grat job answering those questions" He will shift the attention to Tua and deflect the fact that he was wrong.

Problem is, by saying Stidham is nore talented then Tua, he has forced inself into a corner where anything less then, I was an idiot to think that, he has no excuses, or backtracking to help him.

I think Chris Simms needs to get his head examined!!! Dude WTF are you talking about? You can't be serious? This guy is really outta his cotton pickin mind.

Until Tua actually plays in the NFL, no one really knows if he will have success or not. Like every other player drafted especially in the first round. He was drafted based on his potential and only time will tell if he actually reaches that potential.

I really don’t know what questions Tua has answered yet since he hasn’t even taken a single snap as a Miami Dolphin.

That is fine and all but he rated Burrow 20th. So you may be right, but this guy Chris Simms isnt.

The one good thing stidham got is BB and good OC on his side. Plus good defense..and he is on better team than Tua.. on paper Tua look to be better qb. But that on college level...Time will tell what happened...Simms putting his self on line big time. I would rather see Tua play in nfl. First than I can predict..I have not seen them play in NFL.. this is wild pick for Simms. Or else he know something we dont.

Last edited:
That is fine and all but he rated Burrow 20th. So you may be right, but this guy Chris Simms isnt.
Like I stated earlier, I can’t see how anyone can rate a QB who has never taken a single snap in the NFL. So Simms ranking Tua, Burrow, Herbert or any other QB taken in the 2020 draft is nothing more than BS. I have to give it to Simms though for being able to get people to discuss his views. Dolphin fans might not think much of him or his ranking but I doubt he cares what anyone thinks. He is just happy people are posting about his comments. Even negative comments are better than no comments for individuals like Simms who is being paid to generate clicks for his comments.

Alot of discussion is driven from the word talented... Im starting to understand, as far as QBs are concerned, that there seems to be people who associate talent with physical ability(Arm strenght, speed, height...) and some that use it in actual football skills terms...

That being said, Chris Simms should stop smoking crack...

I already commented on this topic, but I’ll submit this as well.

Stidham was the 133rd pick of the 2019 draft (QB7) & suffered no major injury during college.
Tagovailoa was the 5th pick of the 2020 draft (QB2) despite suffering a major injury in college.

Based upon that evidence alone, Occam’s Razor would suggest that Tua Tagovailoa is the clear cut more talented prospect. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll surely develop into the better pro, but, based upon all measurables up through college Tua has clearly separated himself from Stidham. Which is precisely why Tua was considered by many to be QB1 prior to the hip injury and concurrent rise of Burrow.

Had Tua been able to declare in 2019, at worst, he’d have been QB2. Meanwhile Stidham was QB7 in that same draft.

Simms is completely lost in the woods.

If he came out and said that he felt Stidham would develop into the better QB, I could at least respect that take. But to say he’s more talented than Tua based upon what we saw in college is just delusional.

I am not afraid of Jarret Stidham as QB of the Patriots. I remember looking at him as a potential prospect. What I remember specifically is that when the pocket gets dirty against quality competition, he's completely inaccurate. Like...he can't even throw a hitch accurately if he feels pressure.

I don't think that bodes well for him in the NFL. I'm pretty sure that the Pats will be longing for Jacoby Brissett by midseason.

Last edited:
Not to mention, there are three or four instances where I saw his throwing motion, and it reminded me of Blake Bortles.

That's not a great thing.

Back
Top Bottom