Chris Spencer - C Ole Miss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Spencer - C Ole Miss

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
Chris Spencer from my understanding is the #1 C coming out in the draft this year. He was on Sirius NFL channel today and was interviewed. When asked what teams have interviewed him and shown interest the first team he said was Miami out of about 10 teams. The next question asked was which team really drilled you the most with the toughest questions about reading defenses and making line calls and his answer was Miami by far.

It's nice to know our coaching staff is thorougly evaluating these prospects.

BTW, Tom Brady is on now. I hope he says something like he's retiring.... :lol:

InMyChambers said:
Chris Spencer from my understanding is the #1 C coming out in the draft this year. He was on Sirius NFL channel today and was interviewed. When asked what teams have interviewed him and shown interest the first team he said was Miami out of about 10 teams. The next question asked was which team really drilled you the most with the toughest questions about reading defenses and making line calls and his answer was Miami by far.

I agree, I like this approach. It seems as if we are really doing our homework. It's about time.

InMyChambers said:

This ain't just a standard approach. We hopefully can move down in the draft and end up picking him up. We really need a decent center.

Best OC in the draft, would be a hugely strong candidate at the 34 pick were we to still have it.

The guy is talented.. to say the least. Boomer wouldn't you agree that he has more potential than any of the other center prospects that have come out in recent years?

Supposedly it's a good year for centers. I wonder if there are any solid prospects that might fall to our 3rd or 4th. McKinney needs a challenge and we got to get a center with either of those 2 picks.

Most people refuse to even look at prospects other than Wilkerson but the truth is Spencer is far and away better than Wilkerson. Brown is a bit slow but strong enough to toss Vince Wilfork aside.

Jaj said:
Most people refuse to even look at prospects other than Wilkerson but the truth is Spencer is far and away better than Wilkerson. Brown is a bit slow but strong enough to toss Vince Wilfork aside.

If we got Ronnie Brown and then traded off Surtain for K.C's 2nd rounder and managed to pick up Spencer (doubtful he drops to there) and then picked up DT prospect in the 3rd that draft wouldn't be half bad. Maybe a developmental prospect at QB in the 4th and next year with all the LT's in the draft the phins can try and pick one up then.

Jaj said:
The guy is talented.. to say the least. Boomer wouldn't you agree that he has more potential than any of the other center prospects that have come out in recent years?

Yeah, him and Jeff Faine, although the latter has struggled some with injuries.

Boomer said:
Yeah, him and Jeff Faine, although the latter has struggled some with injuries.

His stupid health food diet is what I think is hurting him the most. Even then I think Spencer has more natural ability than Faine.

Jaj said:
His stupid health food diet is what I think is hurting him the most. Even then I think Spencer has more natural ability than Faine.

Loved Faine's aggression coming out.

Yes but physical I'd say Spencer is superior based on size.

I'm surprised Faine has gone down the toilet like that. If Cleveland really wants Alex Smith, I'd actually ask for Faine and a 3rd for them to move up.

If Faine would quit shopping at Whole Foods he'd be a great C. Crennel probably is going to start Fowler.

Back
Top Bottom