Christian Wilkins is back! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Christian Wilkins is back!

Went back and checked the DEN yards gained on run plays. Have them broken down by LT, LG, middle, RG, RT.
For that game, it doesn't appear the entire DL was bad.

LT -2, 3, 2, 2, 20, -2
LG -2
middle -2, 5, 3, 2, 0, -1, 1, 9
RG 19
RT 20, 9, 2, 3, 5, 25, 7, 9, 4, 4

There's a reason DEN mostly ran right side

Agreed and it hurt that we didn't or were incapable of adjust when it was obvious 9/10 they were going to run right.
It hurt that we kept KVN there and didn't add beef there instead.
It hurt that our LBs didn't seem to have a clue 9/10 they're going to run right.
It hurt that we didn't shift to 4-3 etc.

I know you didn't say that, others have so I brought it up here. I agree with you 100% run defense has been a key ingredient to beating Miami all season. I’m already worried about old man Gore going off Sunday. Get a lead and he won’t have a chance.

Ive just seen lots of posters stating Denver put out the blueprint and I think it was already out. I just put it here.

First, It has to be a team that's capable of running. Not every team can run like the Broncos who's had a potent running game since Elway.

Second they have to be able to disrupt our pass protection which is the worst we've seen since the Broncos.
They found something in our pass protection that allowed #55 who i thought was Von Miller originally and other to have a field day on those stunts.

Third you need a mobile QB that can make critical yards with his feet.

So while we're vunerable to the run it still requires the perfect storm to pull off.

Went back and checked the DEN yards gained on run plays. Have them broken down by LT, LG, middle, RG, RT.
For that game, it doesn't appear the entire DL was bad.

LT -2, 3, 2, 2, 20, -2
LG -2
middle -2, 5, 3, 2, 0, -1, 1, 9
RG 19
RT 20, 9, 2, 3, 5, 25, 7, 9, 4, 4

There's a reason DEN mostly ran right side
Nice work

I just mentioned him and it's mind boggling why we didn't put a bigger body out there.
The play by play crew made it a point to recognize everytime it was going to happen and everytime it happened. I'm like, "OK Trent Green, I see it..now you can STFU!"

First, It has to be a team that's capable of running. Not every team can run like the Broncos who's had a potent running game since Elway.

Second they have to be able to disrupt our pass protection which is the worst we've seen since the Broncos.
They found something in our pass protection that allowed #55 who i thought was Von Miller originally and other to have a field day on those stunts.

Third you need a mobile QB that can make critical yards with his feet.

So while we're vunerable to the run it still requires the perfect storm to pull off.
Good points

I’ve been afraid of KC (they can run it), LV and NE since the streak started because they can pound it. Also Cleveland if we cross paths with them (doubt it).

Good points

I’ve been afraid of KC (they can run it), LV and NE since the streak started because they can pound it. Also Cleveland if we cross paths with them (doubt it).

I understand your concern but on paper we have no shot of beating KC. Also they have a different running scheme than Denver.
KC running is the least of my concern...That QB is the main problem with all those phenomenal offensive weapons.

When they started the sweeps on the right side we got out muscled at the point of attack every time. Someone has to come flying up and take out the lead blocker so his teammates can clean up on the RB. We looked pretty bad on those plays. I trust it's being corrected! I still say the altitude messed with us a lot more than they're saying. We're not weak and slow. Let's take it out on Gase!

When they started the sweeps on the right side we got out muscled at the point of attack every time. Someone has to come flying up and take out the lead blocker so his teammates can clean up on the RB. We looked pretty bad on those plays. I trust it's being corrected! I still say the altitude messed with us a lot more than they're saying. We're not weak and slow. Let's take it out on Gase!
Just not so bad that he gets fired!

Back
Top Bottom