Christian Wilkins is back! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Christian Wilkins is back!

I'm not sure that Roberts isn't our hardest hitting LBer. I've seen him totally smash guys into next week. I said who the hell is 44, he just about killed the guy! We need his physicality in there imo until someone else shows that he's the guy. Baker has been up and down this year so we may have to think about a LBer high up in the draft. We need an enforcer type. Let's draft a Ray Lewis type of LBer, there must be a guy out there that could come in and be great for us.

We have some pieces at LBer going forward. I love Van Noy but he's been hurt. Baker has been up and down this year. Roberts can hit hard but may be a liability elsewhere, Grugier-Hill is jag, same with Sam E. and Biegel is on IR. A guy I love is Andrew Van Ginkle, that kid is a keeper with a nose for the ball.
Man if it was just that easy to draft a Ray Lewis linebacker. The guy is a complete scumbag I can’t stand the human. With that said for sure we need one of those badasses in the middle of our defense.

TKAllDay, I meant a LBer in the mold of a Ray Lewis. I know that it's very difficult to hit on All Pro LBers but I can't recall the last LBer we drafted in the first round. We need an enforcer at the Mike. In 2014 we drafted Jordan Tripp in the 5th and the year before that we picked Jelani Jenkins in the 4th. Jerome Baker was a 3rd rounder and Ray McMillan was actually a 2 so we did take a couple of swings at Ohio St. LBers. Ray is gone and Baker has been quiet lately. We need to upgrade the talent.

TKAllDay, I meant a LBer in the mold of a Ray Lewis. I know that it's very difficult to hit on All Pro LBers but I can't recall the last LBer we drafted in the first round. We need an enforcer at the Mike. In 2014 we drafted Jordan Tripp in the 5th and the year before that we picked Jelani Jenkins in the 4th. Jerome Baker was a 3rd rounder and Ray McMillan was actually a 2 so we did take a couple of swings at Ohio St. LBers. Ray is gone and Baker has been quiet lately. We need to upgrade the talent.
No one would argue that we need upgrade(s) at the position. A couple observations though.

Lewis was, talent wise, probably top 5-10 all time, and the odds of finding that are pretty low. Nothing wrong with thinking big, but ppl also need to be realistic.

Now a RL type talent would integrate nicely into any system, but in Flo's preferred scheme, the conventional prototype Mike thumper isn't the emphasis, as normally those guys fall short in versatility and coverage skills. I don't remember Lewis being asked to do that type of things. Maybe he could, but maybe he couldn't.

I guess what I'm saying is that this defense is not built on the same foundation that puts a premium on a "run stuffing" Mike. I'm not argueing the wisdom of a "positionless" approach of the back end. It is what it is. If ppl don't like this scheme, I don't know what to tell them, but unless the league changes direction, and returns to the ground and pound offensive philosophy, it isn't likely to change under the current HC.

Didn't want to start a neww thread for this, so sorry for dredging up an old one but the importance of Wilkins to this team shouldn't be underestimate. I thought he was excellent today again and listen to the very last comment in this media avail from Shaq Lawson, for the chemistry of the D, he's a vital component.

He’s a good player for us and seemingly good guy. What he brings to our team is more than his game, he brings character. His type of personality creates good culture amongst the team and you can’t put a draft grade on that. Look at the post game comments of other players talking about what he brings.

He's validating his draft status showing how much he was missed. He's a difference-maker.

I'm really happy out of what i'm seeing in Christian Wilkins, I used to think in his first year he didn't have the functional strength and i questioned whether he'd be a player you'd keep on the team in 3 years.. He has definitely put those concerns to rest and i think he is a guy who not only plays with a high motor but his energy transfers to other players making him a leader for this defense.. I think with Seiler,Davis and Wilkins I am actually comfortable with our Defensive Line.

Back
Top Bottom