Christian Wilkins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Christian Wilkins

Like Wilkins, he's gonna get a nice second contract somehow, but I'm a little iffy on the 5th year option cost and giving him....what, $30 million guaranteed in a new deal.

Brian Burns should’ve been the pick. That’s a position that justifies a top 15 pick and he’s a stud
I’m a Noles fan…from Broward…saw BB play in HS and at FSU…great kid, productive player, but he always seemed light to me…as an edge….I’m really happy he is producing at this Level. I think it’s a push between BB and Christian at this point in their respective careers.

What do you guys think he will command for a second contract? Something like 3 years for $30mil? I’m not sure what the going rate for solid DTs is but I feel like much more than $10mil per is what a good passrushing DT gets. I’m open to being wrong though

I’m a Noles fan…from Broward…saw BB play in HS and at FSU…great kid, productive player, but he always seemed light to me…as an edge….I’m really happy he is producing at this Level. I think it’s a push between BB and Christian at this point in their respective careers.
Yea my issue with Wilkins isn’t Wilkins it’s the position he plays. Come FA who demands the big bucks? The DEs corners OTs QBs. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like the proper way of building a team is using your top picks on the money demanding positions and use FA and lower picks to fill the cheaper positions like DT MLB RB etc.
I also feel it was poor use of resources to spend 2 firsts on Waddle even though I like him and he’s playing well

Wilkins is a fan favorite, but he doesn't make plays guys, he's great at stopping the run that's for sure, but I don't know if this is what was asked of him by the coaching staff or if he kind of fell into that roll because of his inability to get sacks or pressure opposing QBs.

Wilkins is a fan favorite, but he doesn't make plays guys, he's great at stopping the run that's for sure, but I don't know if this is what was asked of him by the coaching staff or if he kind of fell into that roll because of his inability to get sacks or pressure opposing QBs.
It's always fun when he gets a pressure or a sack, but his primary job is stuff the run and occupy enough guys so Ogbah, Jaelan and Van Ginkel have an easier time getting to the QB.

Outside of Aaron Donald, I'm not sure there are too many inside sack monsters.

He is one of those guys that that stat sheet doesn't tell the whole story. However when he is not in the lineup your whole defense suffers....a bit like Tim Bowens.
Always the way with the dominant DT. Same with Suh. Can only gauge him on what you see in the game interns of havoc they create and how many times they have to double team him freeing up Ogbah and Phillips.

Back
Top Bottom