Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 4m4 minutes ago
The Bills have $14M in cap space. The Dolphins have $21M. Not sure there's an offer Miami can't match. WANT TO is a different subject.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 3m3 minutes ago
#Dolphins have the money to sign Clay but they also have a lot of areas of need like WR, CB, S, MLB

He writes as if Buffalo doesn't have any other holes to fill LOL

I think the Fins get him back. I bet Clay's agent is the guy leaking this stuff.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 4m4 minutes ago
The Bills have $14M in cap space. The Dolphins have $21M. Not sure there's an offer Miami can't match. WANT TO is a different subject.

Getting a little worried about th90% report as Omar has been talking up the notion that Clay stays in Miami, for most of the day

I think Clay feels stiffed by Buffalo...does not want to sign their deal so his side is trying create business on Miami's end to come up with a deal that knocks his socks off.

I predict he plays next season on the 7 million tender.

add guard to that list.

But how do you add a starting: veteran WR, rookie WR, CB, S, MLB, and G in the second tier of FA and and in one draft?

You already nailed it in the other thread we know it is not possible and combine that to the non action of reaching out to any other free agents at the moment. They are going to add some lower level free agents see what they can accomplish in the draft would appear the way it’s going. Let' say they add two young talented players from the draft. What does the team look like at that point? mostly a young team and would not be surprised if they attempt to move away from Grimes and Wake the following year. Clay works in this module assuming it's at a price they agree with.

Getting a little worried about th90% report as Omar has been talking up the notion that Clay stays in Miami, for most of the day

Will Omar blame Tannehill if we lose Clay? :lol:

You already nailed it in the other thread we know it is not possible and combine that to the non action of reaching out to any other free agents at the moment. They are going to add some lower level free agents see what they can accomplish in the draft would appear the way it’s going. Let' say they add two young talented players from the draft. What does the team look like at that point? mostly a young team and would not be surprised if they attempt to move away from Grimes and Wake the following year. Clay works in this module assuming it's at a price they agree with.

If the Bills offer Clay anything over 8M, I doubt the Fins agree. If they do, why not just franchise him to begin with instead of going through all this..

Which free agents would you like to add before the draft?

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 13m13 minutes ago
The holdup on Clay per @viccarucci is Bills trying to figure out cap so they can make an offer #Dolphins won't match

how LONG DOES THIS TAKE???

Why does Clay want to leave so bad is my question, seems like Miami been in the same ball park as the Bills for the most part but Clay really wants to leave?

I think Clay wants to be here in MIA, but does not want to pass up a life changing contract that Rex is attempting to woo him with.

I agree with you about Grimes and Wake, I could see the Fins offering them a team friendly deal but ultimately being OK with letting them walk after this season. You also have to worry about Vernon walking, because assuming he has a good year with Suh on board, he will be looking for a payday (rumor has it he is already). Thats why I am not on the "trade Dion Jordan for a bag of potato chips" bus, because we need him to take a big step forward this year (more so as a DE than a LB (IMO)).

Why does Clay want to leave so bad is my question, seems like Miami been in the same ball park as the Bills for the most part but Clay really wants to leave?

posters are making a great point about Clay's agent. Clay would have to be foolish to want to leave Miami. He would also be foolish to not try to get every penny he could with this deal.

We have gone from Clay is close to signing an extension, to he is 90 percent leaving. Only Clay and his agent know what's really going on I guess.

Absolutely nothing is going on..

That's why his agent is desperately trying to make something happen. Last thing a agent wants is for this to drag out, prices drop as time goes, not the other way around.

Clays agent over estimated his value, plain and simple.

Absolutely nothing is going on..

That's why his agent is desperately trying to make something happen. Last thing a agent wants is for this to drag out, prices drop as time goes, not the other way around.

Clays agent over estimated his value, plain and simple.

both teams are waiting for the other to make a move and Clay's agent is attempting to get one of them to make that move

Back
Top Bottom