Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

Question - by when does another team have to make a counteroffer to a transitional tag player? Is it by July? Could this be a protracted game of which team utilizes cap space on other needs before the other team swoops in with their counteroffer? I suppose in theory this situation could linger for months.

Must be that 10% that has their panties in a bunch

so the Rochester guy taking over for Ditulio says he is done talking about Clay until there is an offer. Someone on radio has actually started to figure this thing out. How the hell can you be 90% when you havent put an offer in and Miami has 5 days to match?

So his next question to audience is how much are you willing to spend on a guy like Clay, who is not Tony Gonzalez? lol

People on the radio take these tweets to mean something its not. You dont land someone by simply putting in an offer and the Dolphins have no reason to take the tag off, which means, they are not out of anything.

entertainment. Its starting to really make people think, which is pretty dangerous thing around these parts i guess.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

My question is if the Bills offer 4 years 36 million do we have to match the years of the contract as well as the avg. per year? first year?

Must be that 10% that has their panties in a bunch

so the Rochester guy taking over for Ditulio says he is done talking about Clay until there is an offer. Someone on radio has actually started to figure this thing out. How the hell can you be 90% when you havent put an offer in and Miami has 5 days to match?

So his next question to audience is how much are you willing to spend on a guy like Clay, who is not Tony Gonzalez? lol

People on the radio take these tweets to mean something its not. You dont land someone by simply putting in an offer and the Dolphins have no reason to take the tag off, which means, they are not out of anything.

entertainment. Its starting to really make people think, which is pretty dangerous thing around these parts i guess.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

My question is if the Bills offer 4 years 36 million do we have to match the years of the contract as well as the avg. per year? first year?

If Clay signs their offer we have to match an identical offer.

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 11s11 seconds ago
Source puts #Bills' chances of landing Charles Clay at "90 percent."
You realize that Vic Carucci is the Bills media guy. Assume that whatever he states, it has come directly from the Buffalo Bills organization.

"Okay, Rex…you see, if we carry the one, I think this will give us the total dollar amount and we can now make this offer to Clay" says Doug Whaley.

last nights "news" changes nothing, maybe he is going to buffalo, but a random percentage from an anonymous source means nothing... expect that the paper wanted some clicks lol

I love how arrogantly all we heard from the Bills going to FA was " we are gonna make him an offer that Miami can't match!"

Dolphins call their bluff and get rid of bad contracts and have $20+mm in cap and we are still waiting for an offer?

Clay's agent is doing him a disservice by making him wait in praying we remove the tag. if the bills wanted him that badly, they would've made the offer already.

I love how arrogantly all we heard from the Bills going to FA was " we are gonna make him an offer that Miami can't match!"

Dolphins call their bluff and get rid of bad contracts and have $20+mm in cap and we are still waiting for an offer?

Clay's agent is doing him a disservice by making him wait in praying we remove the tag. if the bills wanted him that badly, they would've made the offer already.

Agreed. I mean, if there was such an offer to be made that Miami would have difficulty matching, they would have made it by now. The problem is, in order for Miami to not match, Buffalo would have to make an offer that they are also not wanting to make. I'd still like to see Miami negotiate a deal with him. Perhaps they have an arrangement with his agent that would see him get their best offer from Buffalo and without signing the offer sheet, take it back to Miami to give them a chance to match the deal, subject to restructuring how the dollars are allocated.

Just a heads up...

Something may or may not happen today or tomorrow or another day or not at all...I'm 87% sure of this...

The bills thought we were going to stay with what we had. We didn't and we caught them with their pants down. Their interest in him was nothing more than trying to drive up our price. We signed cammaron and they lost chandler. We called their bluff and they don't know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom