Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

It was Whaley and Pegula that stepped in and released Chandler early. Just like it was Pegula that stepped in and said we are not cutting Fred Jackson.

Also Just FYI, Bills sitting at 16M in cap space (only thing not accounted for is Harvin at this point in that space)

I see, so Sexy Rexy has no input on your personnel or strategizing on Buffalo's roster moves. Good to know .... :rolleyes2:

I see, so Sexy Rexy has no input on your personnel or strategizing on Buffalo's roster moves. Good to know .... :rolleyes2:

He does, but Chandler was not released because of their pursuit of Clay. He was going to be released ANYWAY. So Bills did it early so he can land a JOB.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Bills didn't seem prepared for this.
I don't think Bills plan to make any offer at this point, but are still pretending to.
At this point, Miami doesn't care, but Clay is stuck in the middle.
If I was Clay, I tell Bills you have X amount of time to make an offer, or sign with Miami.
Clay is not being given respect from Bills, which must concern him, which may work out for Miami.

Bills are prepared for this. They have a Budget set aside for Clay and has not stopped them from continuing in Free Agency, those that thought this was NOT going to be a drawn out process were fooling themselves.6

It was Whaley and Pegula that stepped in and released Chandler early. Just like it was Pegula that stepped in and said we are not cutting Fred Jackson.

Also Just FYI, Bills sitting at 16M in cap space (only thing not accounted for is Harvin at this point in that space)

So the Bills have $10 million in cap space. Miami has between 16 and 20 including Clay's 7. Miami is in much better shape.

I love how arrogantly all we heard from the Bills going to FA was " we are gonna make him an offer that Miami can't match!"

Dolphins call their bluff and get rid of bad contracts and have $20+mm in cap and we are still waiting for an offer?

Clay's agent is doing him a disservice by making him wait in praying we remove the tag. if the bills wanted him that badly, they would've made the offer already.

How is he doing him a disservice? He has created leverage. Just because it isn't on your expectations of a timetable doesn't mean he isn't doing the right thing.

So the Bills have $10 million in cap space. Miami has between 16 and 20 including Clay's 7. Miami is in much better shape.

It is about the cap hit in 2016

When Tannenhill option hits, Pouncy and Vernon also will need to be paid. It is not about this year. and Bills have 16M in space right now, Harvin not counting and dont even know if the 6M rumored is legit.

When Tannenhill option hits, Pouncy and Vernon also will need to be paid. It is not about this year. and Bills have 16M in space right now, Harvin not counting and dont even know if the 6M rumored is legit.

Vernon is not going to be paid. He doesn't deserve more than 5-6 million per year.

Clearly the bills did not expect us to trade away our crap contracts. How much is buffalo willing to look like cap fools themselves. Keep in mind,marcel Darius due huge contract next year thanks to suh. Lol
We got em by the balls....as they continue to look for future qb.

You act like Miami isn't going to have a **** ton of cap space in that same time frame.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 15m15 minutes ago
On Charles Clay, don't get hung up on cap now. It's about 2016 when Suh counts $28.6M and Tannehill, Pouncey, Vernon also getting PAID.

:lol: BillsFanInPeace, quit putting so much merit into what Armando says. Vernon isn't getting paid.

Clearly the bills did not expect us to trade away our crap contracts. How much is buffalo willing to look like cap fools themselves. Keep in mind,marcel Darius due huge contract next year thanks to suh. Lol
We got em by the balls....as they continue to look for future qb.

60M in space next year. (assuming cap goes up 10M).

Dareus will get his 100M deal, and essentially Pegula was his agent before he bought the Bills so there is also a relationship between the two

I bet we draft a C this year as insurance for a Pouncey departure

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 15m15 minutes ago
On Charles Clay, don't get hung up on cap now. It's about 2016 when Suh counts $28.6M and Tannehill, Pouncey, Vernon also getting PAID.

:lol: BillsFanInPeace, quit putting so much merit into what Armando says. Vernon isn't getting paid.

If he gets 8-10 sacks this year he will get 9M a year maybe not by you but the market will drive the price to that.

Pouncy is going to get 8M min a year that is what the Market is this year. So maybe 8.5M to 9M a year next year. Tannenhill will cost 14.666 on his option value.

Back
Top Bottom