Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

And 90% is just some arbitrary no.

90% shows their confidence level (albeit until a sheet is signed I dont get their confidence)...

The reality is I would love for them to move on I think Clay is a nice player, and would look very well in Romans Offense. I just think he is going to be overpaid (now I really shouldnt care how Pegula spends his money, because we did keep our own this year and Clay possibly being overpaid didnt cost us Hughes, will not cost us Dareus so I guess I shouldnt worry).

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Is BillsFanInPeace the Barfalo equivalent of NYJunc ?

Yeah in some minds here I probably am. But hey to each his own, can take what I say anyway you want.

Right now if Cap Goes up say 10M (not counting your rollover because dont know how much you will rollover)

46M in space.

take out Tannenhill's option

32M in space with 36 players on contract. Pretty tight cap space in 2016.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

As of now, Buff has $39M for 2016. Miami has $29M with Cameron, Wake, and Grimes another potential $30M, and $100M in 2017,

Tannehill will not see the option, and be cheap in 2016. Guarantee it.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

As of now, Buff has $39M for 2016. Miami has $29M with Cameron, Wake, and Grimes another potential $30M, and $100M in 2017,

Tannehill will not see the option, and be cheap in 2016. Guarantee it.

Bills have 110M committed

Cap will go up another 10M

So 43 in space. Bill likely will roll 6M Over

49M in space.
With 45 on contract.

yes cap can always be manipulated by both teams. It should never be about cap but cash in terms of how much they want to pay.

Also Tannenhill will count at least 14M against your cap. I would front load his contract though because after all you are about to pay 100M to a QB with no wins in playoffs

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Smart move with Tannenhill would pick his option and make him play it before thinking about dropping 100M on him

Here is a good report from NFLPA, gets updated daily

https://nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

So with that right now as it stands based off official contract numbers

Bills sitting at 68 players on contract remaining space 16M and somce change

Dolphins sitting with 62 on contract 10.172M

This lags though a couple days because they do not put anything in until OFFICIAL signed contracts....

So while Sites like SPOTRAC and OTC are more fluid (because they use reported numbers)... Utimately the NFLPA report will be more accurate

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 7s7 seconds ago
Echoing @viccarucci, #Bills still going after TE Charles Clay, but #Dolphins clearing cap room has made the pursuit slightly more difficult.

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 7s7 seconds ago
Echoing @viccarucci, #Bills still going after TE Charles Clay, but #Dolphins clearing cap room has made the pursuit slightly more difficult.

Big thanks to you and Albert for keeping us posted this offseason!

Here is a good report from NFLPA, gets updated daily

https://nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

So with that right now as it stands based off official contract numbers

Bills sitting at 68 players on contract remaining space 16M and somce change

Dolphins sitting with 62 on contract 10.172M

This lags though a couple days because they do not put anything in until OFFICIAL signed contracts....

So while Sites like SPOTRAC and OTC are more fluid (because they use reported numbers)... Utimately the NFLPA report will be more accurate

And if you guys sign Clay you have about $7 million in space for 2015 (2 million after signing your draft class), and we have $18 mil and are rolling a bunch over from 2015 to 2016. We are NOT in cap hell. Tanne will be about a $10 million hit for 2016 when we sign him long term. We have a BUNCH of players we can re-negoitiate with (Wake, Grimes, Cameron, Reshad Jones, Misi) and free up another big chunk of money with. Yes, we do need to sign about ten more players than you do, and there won't big a big splash free agent like Suh or even Albert for the Fins in 2016, but there is plenty of space to maneuver.

If he gets 8-10 sacks this year he will get 9M a year maybe not by you but the market will drive the price to that.

Pouncy is going to get 8M min a year that is what the Market is this year. So maybe 8.5M to 9M a year next year. Tannenhill will cost 14.666 on his option value.

If Vernon gets 8-10 sacks, Wake will probably be cut. We need him now, but I don't see Grimes in the long term plans, either. Oldest starting CB in the league.

90% shows their confidence level (albeit until a sheet is signed I dont get their confidence)...

The reality is I would love for them to move on I think Clay is a nice player, and would look very well in Romans Offense. I just think he is going to be overpaid (now I really shouldnt care how Pegula spends his money, because we did keep our own this year and Clay possibly being overpaid didnt cost us Hughes, will not cost us Dareus so I guess I shouldnt worry).

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Yeah in some minds here I probably am. But hey to each his own, can take what I say anyway you want.
I find it hard to believe you would defend sanchez to this day after seeing his actual play and not just look at the "playoff appearances" and delude yourself to him being a capable franchise QB.

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 2m2 minutes ago
#Dolphins problem w/ keeping Clay (or signing anyone, really) is $ spike in yr 2 of Ndamukong Suh deal. Any new contracts need a workaround.

Back
Top Bottom