Clay signs offer sheet from Bills | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay signs offer sheet from Bills

There's other examples, but consider this simple one: Dareus had his 10th sack week 10 (during a 3 sack performance--which was an anomaly). From then on he did not record a sack. There looks to be a similar trend with tackles. Seems he wasn't around the ball as often as the season went on. Of course, this is a very simple analysis. Just sayin'.

I saw no dropoff at all. If this was the case Bills fans would have been all over it just as Fin fans analyze every detail. What you're saying never happened. Based on the position Dareus plays he doesn't need any sacks to be effective, he's eating double teams all the time. If he get some, great. He left the 2nd last game of the year due to minor injury and his not being there was very noticeable. Our Defense is a shell of itself without him.

There's other examples, but consider this simple one: Dareus had his 10th sack week 10 (during a 3 sack performance--which was an anomaly). From then on he did not record a sack. There looks to be a similar trend with tackles. Seems he wasn't around the ball as often as the season went on. Of course, this is a very simple analysis. Just sayin'.

He was also battling a knee injury from week 11 on

I saw no dropoff at all. If this was the case Bills fans would have been all over it just as Fin fans analyze every detail. What you're saying never happened. Based on the position Dareus plays he doesn't need any sacks to be effective, he's eating double teams all the time. If he get some, great. He left the 2nd last game of the year due to minor injury and his not being there was very noticeable. Our Defense is a shell of itself without him.

They could have also just given up by that point, but I get what you're saying. However, what I'm saying did happen. Just look at his snap count as the season progresses. Dareus OBVIOUSLY averaged less snaps in the 2nd half of the season, even if we cut out his injured game and the last game.

He was also battling a knee injury from week 11 on

You just have new information for everything, don't you?

Regardless, I think it's ridiculous to say that Dareus is in the shape of Suh. Since we agree that they are similarly elite DTs with one having better fitness I think we can come to the logical conclusion that Suh holds greater potential for impact.

You have him anyway, why not. Meanwhile Bills will keep Dareus who is three years younger and just hit his prime. I would rather have the 25 year old Defensive Tackle than the one closer to 30.

By the time the Bills have a QB that isn't ****, Dareus will be in his 30s.

You have him anyway, why not. Meanwhile Bills will keep Dareus who is three years younger and just hit his prime. I would rather have the 25 year old Defensive Tackle than the one closer to 30.

Younger and apparently, according to your buddy, more injury prone and less fit. If Suh gets 4 full years of his elite production and Dareus plays the first half of 6 seasons with elite production I'll take the trade-off.

Younger and apparently, according to your buddy, more injury prone and less fit. If Suh gets 4 full years of his elite production and Dareus plays the first half of 6 seasons with elite production I'll take the trade-off.

You're really reaching with this Dareus plays half a year stuff. Whatever, as I said you guys got a nice DT and the Bills are happy with theirs.

everyone arguing over semantics in here about suh vs dareus

bills fans came in full force to defend their bad contract with clay. it's a ton of money guaranteed in the first two years, therefore even if he plays like crap or gets injured and you cut him, you'd have just paid him more than gronk for 2 years while he wasn't anywhere near in production. that is why most contracts are backloaded with the guaranteed money spread out, it gives you an out. ESPECIALLY important when you're projecting growth or increased production to justify the contract #s... that is why the contract is so risky, and that is why the contract is a bad one.

that being said you got a good player, and i wish him well. however i have no doubt rex ryan will completely fail to utilize him and he'll metaphorically just be a small condo on the water you guys bought in 2005 and stay in once a year....

Back
Top Bottom