Clay signs offer sheet from Bills | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay signs offer sheet from Bills

I was just reading a Twitter post...cannot remember if it was from ESPN or Bleacher Report?...but anyway, they said the Bill's offer to Clay was the second worst value FA signing so far....they said there is no way the Bills should be paying Clay like a top-five NFL receiver. I cannot see us matching this ridiculous offer.

I was just reading a Twitter post...cannot remember if it was from ESPN or Bleacher Report?...but anyway, they said the Bill's offer to Clay was the second worst value FA signing so far....they said there is no way the Bills should be paying Clay like a top-five NFL receiver. I cannot see us matching this ridiculous offer.

Yeah the first 2 years are pretty nuts, but the last 3 will be peanuts. A trade off that depending on how the cap is maneuvered could be very useful or useless. All depends on how he is used

Bills fans: Do you still want/expect a TE to be drafted this year if this deal goes through? With Chandler and Lee Smith leaving I figure they'll look to add more personell.

Not sure any of us really considered this, but Miami could match than fix the 2016 cap problem next offseason.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...its-while-dolphins-ponder-clay-options/nkZSB/

Armando said something similar also, or rework Suh's deal in 2016, along with the fact that they could move on from Wake's and Grime's contracts which I believe is a good possibility, if were looking towards a youth movement. I still think odds are slim we match however.

That is interesting. I still think it is more money than I want to spend on him, but interesting nonetheless.

I agree, the total value is a little insane. With that said, if Miami is able to restructure the contract in a year to make it more cap friendly, maybe this isn't a slam dunk they let him walk. I am sure Tannenbaum and Aponte are thinking of everything during these five days.

this is just getting more confusing for me.... so i guess we can restructure it, just has to be next year.
Sounds like we have to take the cap hit this year as the Bills have structured it. But they would be able to send some of the massive cap hit scheduled for 2016 to the 2017, 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Sounds like we have to take the cap hit this year as the Bills have structured it. But they would be able to send some of the massive cap hit scheduled for 2016 to the 2017, 2018 and 2019 seasons.

if Clay willing to work with us on that.... lets sign him up!!!

I wonder if the Bills put the bulk of that $24 million in the 2nd year trying to exploit Suh's $28 million cap hit.

If that's the case then isn't this whole "transition tag", "match the offer sheet" stuff really stupid and pointless?

I would laugh so hard at the Bills my head would fall off

Wow, still a bit pricey in terms of gtd money, but not as daunting as we once thought!

Back
Top Bottom