clayton and kiper are talking like... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

clayton and kiper are talking like...

It would be nice to get extra time...but we are working thing out with Tampa prior to being on the clock. Tampa knows it is likely 49ers pick Rodgers. We will have a conditional deal in place with Tampa. If San Fran goes in a different direction it’s all out the door.

Saban has done a wonderful job. Tampa is convinced that left in the 2 spot Miami will take Smith… and why not, he’s a franchise QB. We also need a RB, we want Brown. I think he is the best fit, he is a complete back. We really can’t loose in this draft w/ Saban’s abilities IMO. Miami is in a dismal state offensively. That gives Coach Saban advantage in EVERY negotiation. Secretly all new coaches would like to go into a situation like Miami has now.

I believe it works out like this

1. A. Rogers (San Fran)

2. A. Smith (Tampa from Miami)

3. B. Edwards (Cleveland BPA)

4. Benson (Chicago...Bears Like him over Brown)

5. RONNIE BROWN (Slips to us at 5)

:lolcry:

This draft is going to be exciting.

bigmiamifan said:
So, if it's a done deal, what are we getting from Tampa?

Tampa will give us their picks at #5 and #36, plus either #91 this year or a second-round pick next year.

How about this scenerio:
TB calls Miami bluff and doesn't make the trade
Miami drafts Smith
TB trades with Miami and gets a deal like SD got with the Giants last year....

We could actually trade down TWICE and still get Ronnie Brown. Think of it like this:

1. San Fran: Aaron Rodgers
2. Tampa (1st trade down by the fins): Alex Smith
3. Cleveland: Mike Williams
4. Chicago: Benson
5. Vikings (2nd trade down by the fins): Braylon Edwards
6. Titans: Antrel Rolle
7. Dolphins: Ronnie Brown

Now that is what i'm talking about.

We could have 3 2nd rounders (vikings, tampa bay and one for surtain).
We could also have a total of 10+ draft picks.

rickysux said:
clayton and kiper are on the radio and they are acting like the fins and bucs deal is all but done, they said tampa will take smith and lol we will still get ronnie brown ha ha we are screwing tampa lol, who ever heard of trading down and still getting the guy you wanted before you traded lol. they also said the bears will draft benson over brown.

I've been listening to them and this is not nearly as certain as you make it sound. Kiper didn't sound that way. And, he asked the local reporter from Tampa on this ... he thinks there's no way Tampa makes that trade.

Has anyone noticed that as SOON as there is a rumor of a trade possibility - you'll see about 15-20 threads appear over the next week - every time someone hears someone else on the radio talk about it - even though there's NO new news on the subject and no information coming out of Saban headquarters - yet, you are guaranteed to read "done deal" at least 10 times on this board the week following the rumor. :shakeno:

BirHead22 said:
It would be nice to get extra time...but we are working thing out with Tampa prior to being on the clock. Tampa knows it is likely 49ers pick Rodgers. We will have a conditional deal in place with Tampa. If San Fran goes in a different direction it’s all out the door.

Saban has done a wonderful job. Tampa is convinced that left in the 2 spot Miami will take Smith… and why not, he’s a franchise QB. We also need a RB, we want Brown. I think he is the best fit, he is a complete back. We really can’t loose in this draft w/ Saban’s abilities IMO. Miami is in a dismal state offensively. That gives Coach Saban advantage in EVERY negotiation. Secretly all new coaches would like to go into a situation like Miami has now.

I believe it works out like this

1. A. Rogers (San Fran)

2. A. Smith (Tampa from Miami)

3. B. Edwards (Cleveland BPA)

4. Benson (Chicago...Bears Like him over Brown)

5. RONNIE BROWN (Slips to us at 5)

:lolcry:

This draft is going to be exciting.

Don't get your hopes up ... that :lolcry: will turn into a :( in a heartbeat.

1) TB trading up is very uncertain.

2) Aaron Rodgers to SF is not a done deal. They may decide - Smith is significantly better and draft him. Then, it is unlikely we will trade down or be able to.

alot of excitement and buzz beginning to stir for a draft many say is weak and no clearcut top prospects...I hope we trade with tampa

I have no problem with Miami moving down to # 5. I think we can still get a lot of value at # 5. If we trade with the Chargers or Cowboys, I just don't feel comfortable because I prefer a pick in the top 5 over two picks between 10 and 20. That's just my opinion!

Minnesota did it to us last year and got an extra 4th rounder for moving down 1 spot. It shows what happens when you have a coach who knows what he is doing.

finz99 said:
We could actually trade down TWICE and still get Ronnie Brown. Think of it like this:

1. San Fran: Aaron Rodgers
2. Tampa (1st trade down by the fins): Alex Smith
3. Cleveland: Mike Williams
4. Chicago: Benson
5. Vikings (2nd trade down by the fins): Braylon Edwards
6. Titans: Antrel Rolle
7. Dolphins: Ronnie Brown

Now that is what i'm talking about.

We could have 3 2nd rounders (vikings, tampa bay and one for surtain).
We could also have a total of 10+ draft picks.

I doubt the Browns take Mike over Braylon.

nepaica said:
Minnesota did it to us last year and got an extra 4th rounder for moving down 1 spot. It shows what happens when you have a coach who knows what he is doing.

Saying Mike Tice knows what he is doing, especially on draft day may be a bit of a stretch.

Smacks said:
How about this scenerio:
TB calls Miami bluff and doesn't make the trade
Miami drafts Smith
TB trades with Miami and gets a deal like SD got with the Giants last year....

I hear you. A very possible scenario.

I was thinking we can do the same thing with Braylen Edwards and the Vikes. Draft Edwards, wait until #7, and then pull the tirgger.

Just FYI guys, if we trade Tampa our #2 overall that is worth 2600 pts. For Tampa to meet Saban's needs ( he said he would go by the chart ) they would have to give us their #5 overall (1700 pts), their second round (530), their third (245) and something else because that still does not equal 2600. No matter what people say about the talent in this draft Saban most go by this chart and must get = or greater value for the #2 overall pick.

Back
Top Bottom