clayton and kiper are talking like... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

clayton and kiper are talking like...

Da 'Fins said:
I've been listening to them and this is not nearly as certain as you make it sound. Kiper didn't sound that way. And, he asked the local reporter from Tampa on this ... he thinks there's no way Tampa makes that trade.

Has anyone noticed that as SOON as there is a rumor of a trade possibility - you'll see about 15-20 threads appear over the next week - every time someone hears someone else on the radio talk about it - even though there's NO new news on the subject and no information coming out of Saban headquarters - yet, you are guaranteed to read "done deal" at least 10 times on this board the week following the rumor. :shakeno:

Yeah, i've been wondering where all this is coming from myself. I know it's been reported on ESPN and in the Herald, but, it's not even been discussed in the Tampa Tribune as a possibility or on local TV. It's as if it's doesn't exist here in Tampa. Every thing I see about there draft has them staying put at number five with no mention of a trade and picking Mike Williams or Cadallac.. I think this Tampa Bay trade doesn't get done!..

djfresh47 said:
Saying Mike Tice knows what he is doing, especially on draft day may be a bit of a stretch.

Its all relative I guess. Compared to DW and RS He apparently does no what he is doing.

nWo said:
bears wont draft benson over brown, maybe cadillac. dolphins should trade down, get more picks, and get a rb at 5
The Bears would draft Benson over Brown

finz99 said:
We could actually trade down TWICE and still get Ronnie Brown. Think of it like this:

1. San Fran: Aaron Rodgers
2. Tampa (1st trade down by the fins): Alex Smith
3. Cleveland: Mike Williams
4. Chicago: Benson
5. Vikings (2nd trade down by the fins): Braylon Edwards
6. Titans: Antrel Rolle
7. Dolphins: Ronnie Brown

Now that is what i'm talking about.

We could have 3 2nd rounders (vikings, tampa bay and one for surtain).
We could also have a total of 10+ draft picks.
And if for some reason Brown isn't there one of the RBs would be ours.

Da 'Fins said:
Don't get your hopes up ... that :lolcry: will turn into a :( in a heartbeat.

1) TB trading up is very uncertain.

2) Aaron Rodgers to SF is not a done deal. They may decide - Smith is significantly better and draft him. Then, it is unlikely we will trade down or be able to.

Da 'Fins I'm not saying that the Tampa trade is a done deal. I'm saying that if it does happen, it is very likely that Brown would fall to us. That is all.

I'll stick to one of my default theories: everything tends to drift back to the beginning.

In this case, that means the likelihood of a trade down is almost nil.

The conventional wisdom throughout this offseason is the players were so bunched in ability at the top no one would give up a typical amount to trade up. Now we're asked to believe that was nonsense, and Tampa Bay or some other suitor will surrender big goodies to vault into our spot. I say hogwash. What was true in February is still true, the players are blanketed in ability. We either pick at #2 or settle for much less than the standard trade down value. Since Saban insists he will stick to the chart, I'm asserting we pick at #2.

It's just like the Surtain situation. There have been weekly, sometimes daily, reports of an imminent trade for months. It never made a bit of sense. These days with all the salary cap implications, free agency, and only a 7 round draft you never see an early deal unless one side doesn't have a clue regarding value, like Speilman last year. The logical deadline is April 23.

finz99 said:
We could actually trade down TWICE and still get Ronnie Brown. Think of it like this:

Like your scenario...Although I doubt it would happen...........they would hang Jeff Fisher from a lamp post if he passed up Ronnie Brown at his spot.......

Section126 said:
Like your scenario...Although I doubt it would happen...........they would hang Jeff Fisher from a lamp post if he passed up Ronnie Brown at his spot.......

Tenn has Chris Brown. They wouldn't take a RB.

Not to mention they let go of their best cover corner.

It'd be awesome to trade down to #5 and still get Brown. I'm hoping that's the way it works out.

rickysux said:
clayton and kiper are on the radio and they are acting like the fins and bucs deal is all but done, they said tampa will take smith and lol we will still get ronnie brown ha ha we are screwing tampa lol, who ever heard of trading down and still getting the guy you wanted before you traded lol. they also said the bears will draft benson over brown.
the 49ers traded down 2 or 3 times in last years first round... they still got the guy they wanted in Rashaun Woods.

finz99 said:

you got almost there... Edwards over Williams.

We'll pick #5, the Vikings are not going to trade up with us.

It'll leave us with a choice between Ronnie, Cadillac and Mike Williams.

Section126 said:

They have Chris Brown. RB is not a position of need. If he TOOK a RB, I think he'd be hung from a lamp post.

The Vikings won't trade up because they like Williamson. They need a deep threat not really a Mike Williams to replace Moss.

1- Rodgers
2- Smith
3- Edwards
4- Brown (Why the hell would a west coast offense want a back who doesn't catch as well instead of one who can?)
5- Cadillac Williams

Ronnie Brown at this hypothetical Tenn. spot would be a must take because of BPA...they would likely IMO trade down from there if Ronnie Brown was available...I know they have Chris Brown.....but they would be stupid to pass up Ronnie Brown when he has so much value by just taking him and then dealing him...or just dealing the pick alltogether.

My statement still stands...Fisher would be hung from a lamp post for incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom