clayton and kiper are talking like... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

clayton and kiper are talking like...

Section126 said:
Ronnie Brown at this hypothetical Tenn. spot would be a must take because of BPA...they would likely IMO trade down from there if Ronnie Brown was available...I know they have Chris Brown.....but they would be stupid to pass up Ronnie Brown when he has so much value by just taking him and then dealing him...or just dealing the pick alltogether.

My statement still stands...Fisher would be hung from a lamp post for incompetence.

Trade down to where to get who? They need a CB and at the spot, there would be a CB available. What are they trading down to get. If he drafted Brown, traded back, and then Rolle wasn't available, THEN he'd be an idiot!!!! Would the Colts draft Smith or Rodgers if they had the 1st or 2nd.. heck no, they have Payton, they'd go with where they needed the help.. I usually believe in chosing best player avaiable, but that's when you have more than one needs, not when you have a pro bowl caliber player already in that position.

The Titans are probably going to take Carlos Rogers. He seems to have risen to the #1 CB spot followed by Jones then Rolle.

fishfan34 said:
Trade down to where to get who? They need a CB and at the spot, there would be a CB available. What are they trading down to get. If he drafted Brown, traded back, and then Rolle wasn't available, THEN he'd be an idiot!!!! Would the Colts draft Smith or Rodgers if they had the 1st or 2nd.. heck no, they have Payton, they'd go with where they needed the help.. I usually believe in chosing best player avaiable, but that's when you have more than one needs, not when you have a pro bowl caliber player already in that position.

All this "Antrelle Rolle is the best CB available" hype is just that....HYPE......It is also interesting that 15 NFL teams (according to J. Clayton) have Antrelle Rolle as the best SAFETY on the board.

Becks7 said:
Just FYI guys, if we trade Tampa our #2 overall that is worth 2600 pts. For Tampa to meet Saban's needs ( he said he would go by the chart ) they would have to give us their #5 overall (1700 pts), their second round (530), their third (245) and something else because that still does not equal 2600. No matter what people say about the talent in this draft Saban most go by this chart and must get = or greater value for the #2 overall pick.

Yeah he can dude. He can do anything he wants, even a straight up trade. There is no MUST when he is making the decision because he makes the rules.

Sooner or later you have to drop the caculator and just decide if the trade is worth it. If you can trade down and still get the player you want, that is a plus in itself in Cap money saved. You get another draft pick also and its just unthinkable not to pull the trigger at that point...

--Ross

finz99 said:
We could actually trade down TWICE and still get Ronnie Brown. Think of it like this:

1. San Fran: Aaron Rodgers
2. Tampa (1st trade down by the fins): Alex Smith
3. Cleveland: Mike Williams
4. Chicago: Benson
5. Vikings (2nd trade down by the fins): Braylon Edwards
6. Titans: Antrel Rolle
7. Dolphins: Ronnie Brown

Now that is what i'm talking about.

We could have 3 2nd rounders (vikings, tampa bay and one for surtain).
We could also have a total of 10+ draft picks.

Well, if Arizona doesn't trade for Henry then what would happen is they would move ahead of us from 8 to 6 with Tenn. and get Brown.

Tenn. would still get Rolle or Johnson at 8 and we'd be left with Cadillac, not a bad consolation prize, but we'd screw ourselves out of the back we supposedly want.

I want Caddy though, so I'd be thrilled with that situation but Miami might like Brown best.

PhinsTD said:
Well, if Arizona doesn't trade for Henry then what would happen is they would move ahead of us from 8 to 6 with Tenn. and get Brown.

Tenn. would still get Rolle or Johnson at 8 and we'd be left with Mike Williams, not a bad consolation prize, but we'd screw ourselves out of the back.

I expect to us to have Cadillac Williams and just say at 5 if the whole T.B. deal goes down.

I don't think Rodgers going to the 9er's is a necessity for the TB trade to go down. From what I read, Tampa was real interested in both QBs. I don't find it that unlikely for TB to trade up, as a matter of fact I would be more surprised if some sort of trade didn't happen at the top. It is pretty common for trades to happen at the top, all it takes is for one team to become struck by a "must-have" player. Just my opinion.

Put the wrong name in my first one. You know Mike and Cadillac are so easy to confuse.

The 'Skins originally wanted Champ Bailey, traded down, got him, AND the Saint's entire draft and then some. And I'm sure 90% of Dolphans are aware of who the Saints acquired with their draft pick(s)

Section126 said:
All this "Antrelle Rolle is the best CB available" hype is just that....HYPE......It is also interesting that 15 NFL teams (according to J. Clayton) have Antrelle Rolle as the best SAFETY on the board.

Ok, Rolle, Carols Rogers, whoever. I would bet my house that if the Titans have the choice between best Corner available and Ronnie Brown, I would still own my house after they choose. :D

fishfan34 said:
Ok, Rolle, Carols Rogers, whoever. I would bet my house that if the Titans have the choice between best Corner available and Ronnie Brown, I would still own my house after they choose. :D

Do I get your house if they trade the pick like I predict with Ronnie Brown available that spot?

If so...tell me where you live and start clearing out all your stuff.

fishfan34 said:

I could use a house in Florida....

But I want Ronnie Brown as well. Decisions...Descisions.... :lol:

Section126 said:
Do I get your house if they trade the pick like I predict with Ronnie Brown available that spot?

If so...tell me where you live and start clearing out all your stuff.

You can have it if they pick Ronnie Brown!

Awsi Dooger said:
I'll stick to one of my default theories: everything tends to drift back to the beginning.

In this case, that means the likelihood of a trade down is almost nil.

The conventional wisdom throughout this offseason is the players were so bunched in ability at the top no one would give up a typical amount to trade up. Now we're asked to believe that was nonsense, and Tampa Bay or some other suitor will surrender big goodies to vault into our spot. I say hogwash. What was true in February is still true, the players are blanketed in ability. We either pick at #2 or settle for much less than the standard trade down value. Since Saban insists he will stick to the chart, I'm asserting we pick at #2.

It's just like the Surtain situation. There have been weekly, sometimes daily, reports of an imminent trade for months. It never made a bit of sense. These days with all the salary cap implications, free agency, and only a 7 round draft you never see an early deal unless one side doesn't have a clue regarding value, like Speilman last year. The logical deadline is April 23.

All that is true. But at the same time there are people in charge who have to make moves to save their jobs from overbearing owners. That more than anything might get someone to twitch...

--Ross

Back
Top Bottom