Clayton Reports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clayton Reports

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Clayton just said on Inside The Huddle, that Wanny is implementing some cushion coverages, as opposed to aggresive man on man, for Madison and Surtian against the Jets. The thought is it should cut down on penalties which killed them last year and last week. I'm not sure I agree with this...what do you guys think?

:monkey: Jets

As long as we win...

This strategy tells me that the pass rush is not good enough for the press coverage to be effective, thus getting the penalties for holding and pass interference.

No!!! I think that Wanny...

Saw what NE did to the Jets last week and he's thinking that we can do the same (or better).

But I, too, think it's a mistake.

We should go after them. And there's NO EXCUSE for not being able to pressure Vinny. None whatsoever!

"We cahn dooo eet!" ala the guy from WATERBOY.

I am just glad to see that we are trying to make adjustments.. maybe they will make an adjustment to STOP THE DAMN RUN!!!

JT hasn't played bad on the line but Chester, Bowens and Ogunleye seem to disappear for a few series before remembering that they are in a game and then disappear again just like that. I think Wanny needs to make them focus more for the pressure. Make em fight for their jobs.

Re: No!!! I think that Wanny...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Saw what NE did to the Jets last week and he's thinking that we can do the same (or better).

But I, too, think it's a mistake.

We should go after them. And there's NO EXCUSE for not being able to pressure Vinny. None whatsoever!

"We cahn dooo eet!" ala the guy from WATERBOY.

Wait a minute....I thought we wanted to see some adjustments..:confused: :lol: :lol:

Re: Re: No!!! I think that Wanny...

Originally posted by inFINSible

Wait a minute....I thought we wanted to see some adjustments..:confused: :lol: :lol:

I'm NOT in agreemant with Wanny, here, I'm just saying that Noooo! he's probably reviewed the film from the Jets game against NE and with our defensive personnel he must be thinking something like, "Hey, WE can do THAT, toO!"

But I don't agree that this is the way to go.

Does that clear things up?!? :rolleyes:

And if by adjustments you're suggesting that playing the patient style of zone coverage NE showed against the Jets, well... isn't that what we did at the Colts??? How would playing that defense again be an adjustment? Now you REALLY got me confused. :confused: Thanks! :rolleyes:

Anywayz, here's (AGAIN) what I'd do if I was lucky enough to plan our defense for a game:

RUSH Vinny's ass!!! :fire:

Force his dumb butt to throw some picks!

Hit him a few times and go for the stripped ball and run that bitch back for TD!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh!!! :yell: :yell: :yell:

I want the Jets "head" on a platter!!!

And I want it done with some style, dammit!

That is... PUNISHMENT!!!

But let me tell you how I REALLY feel... ;)

Personally i think it could be a decoy...Clayton is a pretty good journalist but he's not a fin coach or personal friend of Wanny...How could he know exactly what the fins are doing??
As far as i know wanny could tell him we're gonna pass all day and we might run.. :goof:

JETS OLINE sucks so bad right now, that i don't think stopping the run will be alkl that difficult this week. GO FINS!!

Umm. Execuse me you guys are questioning DW? Are you kidding me. The man has the second best record in the league over the last two years. He has assembled the best football team in the NFL in my opinion and people are questioning him? He just held Indy to 13 points with his philosophy. I'm sorry but whatever he says I am agreeing with.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Umm. Execuse me you guys are questioning DW? Are you kidding me. The man has the second best record in the league over the last two years. He has assembled the best football team in the NFL in my opinion and people are questioning him? He just held Indy to 13 points with his philosophy. I'm sorry but whatever he says I am agreeing with.

Actually, now that the Rams have lost two and the Dolphins have one two... I think Wannstedt now has THE best record over the last 2 2/16 seasons.

The move isn't reflective of the passrush, its reflective of the fact that we're getting called for a lot of penalties in the secondary this year...ones that are directly responsible for extending SCORING drives past what they should have been. Holding and pass interference, really have extremely little to do with passrush.

Right now Vinny T is not hitting any WRs in stride and they are not getting a whole lot of YAC (except Santana on one play). If the Jets try to spread the field and slice'n'dice, they'll pay.

I'm not a big fan of relaxing our corners and other areas in the Secondary because as soon as we do that, Vinny will be dumping the ball off the Chrebet, and he will be eating us alive cutting across the middle of the field.

In other words, playing relaxed on the corners means the other team will send their guys across the middle and expose our weak points, interior pass defense.

It might not be a bad idea to try the backing off a bit. Playing the press coverage has not worked really well the last 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom