Clayton... Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clayton... Saban

His Dudeness

Practice Squad
Reaction score
with this new stuff that has come to light, where john clayton says we'll take Edwards.. i don't buy it... I think saban just wants Cleveland to pony up another 2nd round draft pick (like they did last year to get winslow)... and i think cleveland will do it. since, they don't need runningback, so they have no use for brown, caddy, benson... they're hell bent on getting smith/ edwards.

this would be a sweetheart deal if we play it cool.

I would love to trade down one pick, gain a 2nd rounder, and draft the guy I wanted all along, Ronnie Brown. :D

if we get Braylon Edwards i bet we trade for Henry,Alexander, or James. this will not be a bad scenario.

I'm all for that as I'm sure most Fin's fans are.Adding another 2nd and still picking in the top 5................

I would still rather Minny's 7 and 18.

Hey Crennel, you want Edwards? Offer us something better then just a 2nd.

SN1P3R said:
if we get Braylon Edwards i bet we trade for Henry,Alexander, or James. this will not be a bad scenario.

the only one i could possibly see that happening with is Henry. We don't have the money for edge and alexander. we don't want to pony it up now because we would hemmorhage our future. so **** that. I'm not sure what henry's $$ is like, but he fumbles a lot and seems to get injured quite a bit too...

Could go:
#3 Ronnie Brown
#35 Matt Jones
#46 Adrian Mcphereson or David Green

That would pretty much take care of offense.

If we traded to 3 and picked up a 2nd then we could threaten to pick Williams and still maybe trade with minny to pick up another 2nd or theyre first. Or maybe another team with 2 firsts

I would love to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder from the Browns to just move down 1 spot.

finfan54 said:
Could go:
#3 Ronnie Brown
#35 Matt Jones
#46 Adrian Mcphereson or David Green

That would pretty much take care of offense.

*throw up smilie* forget that. we can't start taking 5 year QB projects here. after the first round or so we need to get that defense younger.

His Dudeness said:
*throw up smilie* forget that. we can't start taking 5 year QB projects here. after the first round or so we need to get that defense younger.

I got news for ya, any Qb taken in 2nd round will not start right away, especially on our team. But many folks would say that Mcphereson is ready to play and David Green gets dissed for reasons beyond me. He can make the throws and knows defenses.

The other thing here is that Saban is scouting alot of unknows on defense. He will be looking at guys who are big and fast and some will be from small schools. Take it to the bank and cash it.

greene makes a lot of mistakes too.. mcpherson? Please. we don't need a problematic guy above it all with an attitude. no thanks. i dont think we'll draft a qb any sooner than round 4. before getting a mediocre QB like Greene, i think saban wants to improve and put some youth into that Defense.

finfan54 said:
I got news for ya, any Qb taken in 2nd round will not start right away, especially on our team. But many folks would say that Mcphereson is ready to play and David Green gets dissed for reasons beyond me. He can make the throws and knows defenses.

The other thing here is that Saban is scouting alot of unknows on defense. He will be looking at guys who are big and fast and some will be from small schools. Take it to the bank and cash it.
wld like to get campbell

Back
Top Bottom