clayton states minny & tampa want our pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

clayton states minny & tampa want our pick

HelloMotto said:
well if we took tampa's offer we would still have one of the top 5 picks. either way i don't think we can lose. I am already planning my weekend next week. We have to be ready right away. In years past we could screw around for hours before our pick came up. I can't wait. :tongue:

The difference between #5 and #7 would be minimal, though, because of the way the draft's shaping up. The way I see it, the best possible scenario right now would be for Alex Smith to go number one. The Vikings will fear the Browns taking Braylon at #3, so they trade up into our spot. I think the San Fran rumor was #7, 18, their 2nd and third rounders for San Fran's first and third rounders. I'd do the same thing. So that happens, the Vikings take Braylon at #2. I think with Braylon gone, the Browns would probably look defense. IMO the pick there would be Merriman (I'll assume that Romeo will run a similar defense to the one he ran in NE, and Merriman would be a good fit) or Antrelle Rolle. At 4, I see the Bears going with Cedric Benson over Ronnie Brown as they're evidently trying to convert to a power running game. Ronnie could go here as well. Number 5 you have the Bucs taking Aaron Rodgers. At number 6, I see Tennessee going with Pac-Man Jones or Antrelle Rolle. I don't see them taking Mike Williams despite the need for a receiver because they have a somewhat similar guy in Bennet and would probably be looking more towards a speedster somewhere later in the draft. That would leave us with our choice of the backs that Chicago doesn't take, Mike Williams, or perhaps a top rated defensive player.

Muck said:
I'd rather trade with Minnesota. They've got to move up farther. So they've got to pony up #7 and #18 to start, whereas Tampa only has the #5. As long as Tampa stays in the race, we stand a better chance of getting what we want.

#7 probably gets us Caddy. #18 probably gets us a versatile lineman or a safety.

This is the better trade as long as the quality lineman is not another Carey

HelloMotto said:
Well if we get stuck at #2 he has to draft an offensive player. Now that a trade looks eminent we definitely could go defense. :)

I have to agree with that at #2, although I still think the sure fire pick in this draft is Rolle. Saban will not take him at #2 though.

wpgfishfan said:
This is the better trade as long as the quality lineman is not another Carey

For sure. I was thinking about someone like Marcus Spears or a DE/LB tweener. Someone on the defensive side of the ball.

Minnphin said:
The difference between #5 and #7 would be minimal, though, because of the way the draft's shaping up. The way I see it, the best possible scenario right now would be for Alex Smith to go number one. The Vikings will fear the Browns taking Braylon at #3, so they trade up into our spot. I think the San Fran rumor was #7, 18, their 2nd and third rounders for San Fran's first and third rounders. I'd do the same thing. So that happens, the Vikings take Braylon at #2. I think with Braylon gone, the Browns would probably look defense. IMO the pick there would be Merriman (I'll assume that Romeo will run a similar defense to the one he ran in NE, and Merriman would be a good fit) or Antrelle Rolle. At 4, I see the Bears going with Cedric Benson over Ronnie Brown as they're evidently trying to convert to a power running game. Ronnie could go here as well. Number 5 you have the Bucs taking Aaron Rodgers. At number 6, I see Tennessee going with Pac-Man Jones or Antrelle Rolle. I don't see them taking Mike Williams despite the need for a receiver because they have a somewhat similar guy in Bennet and would probably be looking more towards a speedster somewhere later in the draft. That would leave us with our choice of the backs that Chicago doesn't take, Mike Williams, or perhaps a top rated defensive player.

Ok i agree with that. But i don't know if cleveland can pass on rodgers. There qb situation is not that great.

Minnphin said:
The way I see it, the best possible scenario right now would be for Alex Smith to go number one.

But that takes Tampa Bay out of the equation for a trade.

The More I read about this Braylon Edward dude it sounds as he is the guy to pick.Imagine Chambers on one side and Edwards on the other.That would make any QB look good and any RB look just as good.

Muck said:

I'm not buying that they want Smith. I think Minnesota and Tampa Bay will both be looking to trade up for Braylon Edwards.

Muck said:

That's true, but I don't think that Tampa trying to trade up is that much of an issue for Minnesota. I think that Minnesota's biggest fear is Braylon going #3 to Cleveland. I guess it is possible that Tampa's real interest is Braylon and that's what's driving Minnesota's desire to trade. I was thinking more along the lines of best case scenario for players we may be interested in to be there at 7, but I guess we have to get the trade done first.

Minnphin said:
That's true, but I don't think that Tampa trying to trade up is that much of an issue for Minnesota. I think that Minnesota's biggest fear is Braylon going #3 to Cleveland. I guess it is possible that Tampa's real interest is Braylon and that's what's driving Minnesota's desire to trade. I was thinking more along the lines of best case scenario for players we may be interested in to be there at 7, but I guess we have to get the trade done first.

Cleveland will take B Edwards if he is there at 3. So If Minn wants him they have no choice to but to trade for him. Now if all goes well and the 49ers are good boyz and take rodgers we will be sitting pretty from trade/negotions point of view. If we trade down how about grabbing that left tackle a barron?

Minnphin said:

i dont like u r mock especially the 1st 2 selectios i would take benson brown williams with the 7 and 18 marcus spears woow kalif barnes hes goob but not at 18 we took carey at like wat 19 or somtin i dont trust linemen i just dont know y if dbrickashaw ferguson was out id take him number 2 hes sure the next pace/ogden imo

Why would Minnesota try and trade with us. If Tampa is going to take Smith then Minnesota can just trade with Cleveland for the #3. It would be cheaper and Cleveland is looking to move down.

I think right now odds are that we make a deal to trade down. It sounds like most other people agree......if thats what happens ill be very happy.

I would be happy with my Mock (which I had us trading to Minny) I think there is enough people in there to make almost everyone except the we need a major running back happy.

SuperDuperFan said:
I think right now odds are that we make a deal to trade down. It sounds like most other people agree......if thats what happens ill be very happy.

Clayton and Mortenson made it sound like it was better than 50/50 that we'd trade down. I think Clayton was the one making our pick and he said something like "this will likely be a trade down, probably with Minnesota or Tampa, but if they make the pick look for Ronnie Brown."

Back
Top Bottom