clayton states minny & tampa want our pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

clayton states minny & tampa want our pick

if saban were to draft a lb first i would be sitting in front of my house 24 hours a day banging a pot over my head with a hammer.

KingPhin05 said:
if saban were to draft a lb first i would be sitting in front of my house 24 hours a day banging a pot over my head with a hammer.

i right there with ya. :roflmao: how about at 7 pick up that running back and at 18th pick up that qb frye from akron.

If Derrick Johnson fell to 18, I'd crap in my pants.

Another possibility could be attempting to get 3 first rounders. We could gain the 7th and 18th, plus a 3rd or 4th. We can drop down a bit from the 18th, and gain a 3rd. Now packages those two 3rds, plus Surtain and we've got three first round picks.

Jaj said:

Another possibility could be attempting to get 3 first rounders. We could gain the 7th and 18th, plus a 3rd or 4th. We can drop down a bit from the 18th, and gain a 3rd. Now packages those two 3rds, plus Surtain and we've got three first round picks.

That would be very hard to fit under the salary cap. While im sure it could be done, it certainly wouldnt leave any breathing room.

Expect Saban to draft Spears, Merriman or Clayton....he can draft a RB and QB later in the draft.

Jaj said:

Lovely!!!:roflmao:

That would be sweet to have 3 first rounders. My god this draft day needs to come now!!!

Jimi said:
That would be very hard to fit under the salary cap. While im sure it could be done, it certainly wouldnt leave any breathing room.

No actually it wouldn't be too bad really. The money for the #2 pick is immense, it would round out to around the same as the three first rounders together. The latter two are easy to shape for cap room.

I wonder how many of you remember 2003 when many of the Dolphins (e.g Thomas, Taylor & others) were quoted as saying [Paraphase] "Maybe we need to go 5-11 so we can get a top 10 pick to get us over the hump." Well, they got their wish in 2004. Let's see what we do with it.

The bigger quiestion is: Was was the problem? Was it primarily the TALENT or the COACHING? :dunno:

HelloMotto said:
i right there with ya. :roflmao: how about at 7 pick up that running back and at 18th pick up that qb frye from akron.
At #7, the top RBs will probably be gone and Frye is not worth the 18th pick(he may not even be drafted in round 1).

Great news. I know Saban will do the right thing!

:D

HelloMotto said:
I wonder what trade would be most beneficial for us? Tampa's 1,2 and 3 (picking in the 5 slot) or minny's 2 1st rounders and a 2nd or 3rd? hmm

I'd personally prefer Minnesota's 2 1's and a 2. I'll tell ya, I didn't think a bidding war for our pick would emerge out of all of this, but I REALLY hope all these rumors are true. Hopefully San Francisco signs Rodgers REAL soon.

Nublar7 said:
At #7, the top RBs will probably be gone and Frye is not worth the 18th pick(he may not even be drafted in round 1).

If we were to trade down, where do you see all three runners going???

The only team I see taking a RB at this point would be the Bears, the Bucs love Smith and the WR's.

If both teams are after the same player, the danger is that one or the other of them will decide the only sure way to get the player is to trade with the Niners. I'd personally like to see one team or the other decide they can't pay that much. The idea scenario IMHO is a trade with Tampa and then a trade with the Vikings who decide that Mike Williams is good enough for their purposes.

Minnesotas two number twos, plus a second for Surtain and our own high third rounder would give us four of the first 70 picks. Thats what Id rather see. That would enable us to pick a QB, RB, and two defensive players (S and DL?).

That would go a long way to rejuvinating the team with youth and talent on both sides of the ball. Any gems in the second day would just make the draft even better.

Back
Top Bottom