clayton states minny & tampa want our pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

clayton states minny & tampa want our pick

HelloMotto

unknown quantity
Reaction score
In the ESPN Mock draft they had this morning (april 17th 2005) with John clayton, mort and randy M, they are now stating that Minny and tampa are both competing for our 2nd pick. I think they both want B. edwards even though john g is saying he wants alex smith. This is fun. :lol:

Where there is smoke there is fire. I believe a trade will happen and we get a chance to move down. A lot of people on here are dispelling this Tampa rumor, but it sure is picking up some steam. Then again none of this means s**t.

Dubfire said:
Where there is smoke there is fire. I believe a trade will happen and we get a chance to move down. A lot of people on here are dispelling this Tampa rumor, but it sure is picking up some steam. Then again none of this means s**t.

i have a feeling we will walk away with some quality picks and still get our rb. I aint had this much fun in years. Usually i have to sit around and listen to all this draft bs by kiper waiting for our late round 1st pick. Who usually turns out to be a slug. This years draft is so much more fun, too bad we had to loose our butts off to get this. :roflmao:

Dubfire said:

Your correct, it doesnt mean jack until draft day. If san Fran takes Rogers, Tampa and the Vikes could get in a bidding war if they both wany our pic (eventhough it would be for different reasons). Both would want our spot because the Browns could take Smith or Edwards. It's going to get very interesting.

well either way i believe we end up trading down and we end up with a 2nd round pick (at the very least) from someone

JCfinfan said:
Your correct, it doesnt mean jack until draft day. If san Fran takes Rogers, Tampa and the Vikes could get in a bidding war if they both wany our pic (eventhough it would be for different reasons). Both would want our spot because the Browns could take Smith or Edwards. It's going to get very interesting.

I wonder what trade would be most beneficial for us? Tampa's 1,2 and 3 (picking in the 5 slot) or minny's 2 1st rounders and a 2nd or 3rd? hmm

This means it is good for us. I hope San Fran signs Rodgers before the draft. That would make the bidding war start early and probably allow us to get the best deal before our backs were against the wall.

This is the most fun I have had before a draft EVER. I love the games Saban is playing. I love and hate the uncertainty. I wish the draft was today. Or YESTERDAY for that matter. It's going to be a LONG but fun week.

HelloMotto said:
I wonder what trade would be most beneficial for us? Tampa's 1,2 and 3 (picking in the 5 slot) or minny's 2 1st rounders and a 2nd or 3rd? hmm

Vikes 2 firsy rounders. Saban can trade down again and turn more into these picks.

the early draft choice is the silver lining of the black cloud which rained on our parade last year. man i hope we pull off a kings ransom in picks and saban then works the magic and brings home some players to put us back in the championship years. this could be huge if it comes true.

JCfinfan said:
Vikes 2 firsy rounders. Saban can trade down again and turn more into these picks.

well if we took tampa's offer we would still have one of the top 5 picks. either way i don't think we can lose. I am already planning my weekend next week. We have to be ready right away. In years past we could screw around for hours before our pick came up. I can't wait. :tongue:

I'd rather trade with Minnesota. They've got to move up farther. So they've got to pony up #7 and #18 to start, whereas Tampa only has the #5. As long as Tampa stays in the race, we stand a better chance of getting what we want.

#7 probably gets us Caddy. #18 probably gets us a versatile lineman or a safety.

HelloMotto said:
well if we took tampa's offer we would still have one of the top 5 picks. either way i don't think we can lose. I am already planning my weekend next week. We have to be ready right away. In years past we could screw around for hours before our pick came up. I can't wait. :tongue:

I'm pretty excited as well. I guess Saban can trade either of the early 1st rounders we would receive from either team. I think it really depends on who Saban is targeting. If the few people he really likes are not there at the time he is ready to choose then he is going to move down again if the opportunity is there. I just have this feeling that Saban is going to draft for Defense. Everyone seems to think he is going "O" but this could all be part of his smokescreen. I know he likes Blackstock and Pollack. There are probably a couple Safeties and DT's he likes as well. In 6 days we will all know.

This is great news, the more teams, the better offers.

JCfinfan said:
I'm pretty excited as well. I guess Saban can trade either of the early 1st rounders we would receive from either team. I think it really depends on who Saban is targeting. If the few people he really likes are not there at the time he is ready to choose then he is going to move down again if the opportunity is there. I just have this feeling that Saban is going to draft for Defense. Everyone seems to think he is going "O" but this could all be part of his smokescreen. I know he likes Blackstock and Pollack. There are probably a couple Safeties and DT's he likes as well. In 6 days we will all know.

Well if we get stuck at #2 he has to draft an offensive player. Now that a trade looks eminent we definitely could go defense. :)

Back
Top Bottom