Clayton & The ESPN Crew Say.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clayton & The ESPN Crew Say....

BLITZKRIEG said:
QB A. Smith at #2....

Or RB R. Brown at #5....

Personally, I prefer this senario. Miami trades a 2006 high pick to Seattle for RB S. Alexander, and then use the 2005 #2 in order to trade down and gather picks....

PHINZ RULE!!!

And pay him with what money????

Trades sound great when the reality of the cap isn't involved.

Beyond that, are you serious about trading away future draft picks? That formula doesn't work. That theory comes right out of the Wannspiel playbook. Thankfully Wanny and his theories are gone and Ricky is re-learning from Nick that you build via the draft - not by trading draft picks!

BLITZKRIEG said:
QB A. Smith at #2....

Or RB R. Brown at #5....

Personally, I prefer this senario. Miami trades a 2006 high pick to Seattle for RB S. Alexander, and then use the 2005 #2 in order to trade down and gather picks....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Trading picks is what set us up to fail in the Wanny era. We need to draft our own talent and groom the players. Trading down to 5 and getting Brown would be amazing. We arent getting Alexander

Send
Surtain to
Seattle for
Shawn Alexander
Straight-Up

They said they want a 2nd rounder for him. Saban says Surtain is worth a 2nd rounder. No picks involved unless they want a 7th rounder to sweeten the pot.

dolphingator said:
Send
Surtain to
Seattle for
Shawn Alexander
Straight-Up

They said they want a 2nd rounder for him. Saban says Surtain is worth a 2nd rounder. No picks involved unless they want a 7th rounder to sweeten the pot.

your kidding right?

Pat is worth more than just Alexander or Edge

ChambersWI said:
your kidding right?

Pat is worth more than just Alexander or Edge

Actually, I don't think he is. I love having the guy on the team and want him to stay but I don't think he's worth MORE than either of them. IMO

zephon said:
Actually, I don't think he is. I love having the guy on the team and want him to stay but I don't think he's worth MORE than either of them. IMO

Pat is a proven CB, and while both Shaun and Edge are great players, RBs like them come a dime a dozen.

ChambersWI said:
Pat is a proven CB, and while both Shaun and Edge are great players, RBs like them come a dime a dozen.
'

Which is why we always had such an awesome running game when we had the best QB in the league starting for us :shakeno:

i disagree....edge is a type of running back that is in his own class... him, faulk in his prime, holmes in his, LT, because they all have the same things in common, great consistant runners who have amazing hands out of the backfield...im not sayin i want it one way or the other im just sayin EDGE is a player that is special because he can do everything.... i do agree with the fact that 1000 yard rushers come a dime a dozen

I want brown at two, but if we go down to 5 and brown is not there, id prefer benson, cadillac, or ANTRELL ROLLE (only if we end up trading surtain).

ummm...what if Mike Williams is still there at 5? which could happen... what if it goes: Rodgers to SF, smith to TB (saying we do trade down), Edwards to Cle, Benson or brown to chicago, then us.... i think that if brown is still there, saban will take him, but say he isnt and its just benson and cadillac? i bet we take big Mike

zephon said:

Pat might be better than Bailey and he is better than McAllister, Law, and Rolle. I hear people say "what about his stats." QB's don't have the balls to throw to his area for him to have good stats. Whenever they play the colts Marvin is shutdown. When the Phins played the Bengals, Madison held down Chad Johnson and if Surtain played, he wouldn't have had a catch. I dont know if you guys remeber what Johnson did to Bailey on Monday Night and how he constantly smoked McAllister in the game at Baltimore where he had 10 or more receptions. Surtain is arguably the best corner in the league. Seahawks or the Colts should give up their backs and a pick for them to get Surtain because the are desperate.

Surtain or no surtain, i think MW is BPA at that point, and a WR like him would be much more needed than an impact CB like Rolle.. BTW i do like rolle a lot seeing as how i am a fan of the U... so my opinion is not bias or anything.

Back
Top Bottom