Clear area to improve | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clear area to improve

If he learns to manage the pocket instead of running into sacks his time to throw improves, receivers can get open etc.

If he learns to manage the pocket instead of running into sacks his time to throw improves, receivers can get open etc.

11 drops on catchable passes yesterday.

Not to say Tua does not have areas he needs to work on (he does) but I think a couple things are clear.

1. Our weapons don't catch the ball well

2. They don't get open

3. They don't move after the catch.

4. They don't break tackles.

Those things are true no matter who is the QB

We need to surround him with guys that can get separation for a proper evaluation. It sucks he didn't do what the other two guys did, but facts are facts. The surrounding cast is just not very good
That said tua needs work. With a proper off-season we will see him continue to get better.

Not to say Tua does not have areas he needs to work on (he does) but I think a couple things are clear.

2. They don't get open

All very true. I’ll pluck just one out of your list for emphasis - YAC. When is the last time you saw a Miami WR take a pass and then take it a fair distance after the catch?

As I was watching the Titans/Texans game yesterday, I saw receivers on both sides do it routinely. And if they weren’t running far after the catch, they were simply making great catches.

Please dude, last half of the season there was an extremely shrinking pocket. If you can’t see the weakness that was pointed and the games you watched if you did at all, then I can’t help you

All very true. I’ll pluck just one out of your list for emphasis - YAC. When is the last time you saw a Miami WR take a pass and then take it a fair distance after the catch?

As I was watching the Titans/Texans game yesterday, I saw receivers on both sides do it routinely. And if they weren’t running far after the catch, they were simply making great catches.
Good point. Just look at the WRs Barkly was throwing to in the fourth quarter yesterday

Miami desperately needs to find a good running back. Haven't had a good one since Ajayi. Sick of our leading rushers having less than 50 yards a game
Will people stop with the "Jay Ajayi was good" BS.

Ajayi was a flash in the pan. A few good games but couldn't catch a cold once he got to the NFL, was egocentric, and injury prone. He hardly carried the ball in Philly and they had the best oline that year. Next year he was already on the outs and blew out the knee again. Now his career is over, never even came close to a "second contract" in the FA sense.

2. They don't get open

So in other words, our weapons are water pistols...

We have picks #3 and #18. Here's what you do:

Trade down from #3 (hopefully to around #6 or #7) and take Ja'Marr Chase or DeVonta Smith. Then you package #18, whatever you got in that first trade, and maybe one of our second rounders to move up and get Kyle Pitts.

Easy.

Back
Top Bottom