Clear area to improve | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clear area to improve

Mods should strongly consider implementing a feature that doesn't allow newly registered members the ability to start threads with less than 100 post. It's very likely that those thread will be created just to sow drama and isn't worth, imo, disrupting the whole boards harmonious ecosystem.

Yeah, most forums it is at least 50 but I agree

To be fair, Gaskin averages the 9th most yards per game of anybody in the league (at least before yesterday).

He's pretty good. Sure we need a running back, but someone who doesn't suck splitting time with Gaskin would be just fine.

I remember he had more average to bad days then he had real good days.

I also remember in the beginning of his 1st year, he was kept from dressing for one game due to some internal problems Gase felt necessary to address.

After that he played better.

Is he playing now?

Nope. I think everyone knew Ajayi would have a short career due to knee issues. His attitude at times didn't help either

Not saying he was a great or elite back. Saying I wish Miami had a back that could have monster games throughout the season like he had

You seem to be confusing labeling a running back's entire career as "good" vs one particular year.
No, I think you are confused. Someone said Ajayi was the last good running back we had, that implies all encompassing of his career and ability. The poster didn't say we had ONE good year of a running back in Ajayi.

Yards after catch is almost exclusively dependent on where the qb is placing the ball.
If your reciever has to make adjustments just to make a completion, he's not afforded the opportunity to make adjustments for extra yardage.
Tua is dink and dunk and only knows how to hit a reciever on a stop route after he's open instead of leading him into the catch.
The problems Tua is having does not fall on anyone except Tua. There are multiple targets on every play, but throwing to the checkdown each time is a choice.
Fitzpatrick doesn't have these problems with the same supporting cast.
You can teach a quarterback a playbook, and a smart quarterback can use that knowledge to audible into an ideal play. However, just like speed, you can't teach field vision. You either have it or you don't. Tua doesn't.
the numbers by the WR are bad with both QB's.
I'm positive, this is the most encouraged I've been about the future of the team since the mid 80s. We have what I consider to be the next big thing in Flores, the defense is a couple of pieces away from being potentially dominant, we have young, upside O-linemen to fix our biggest issue and we might have the franchise quarterback in place. And the amazing part is we have the draft capital to be very creative and dangerous in the draft including, if the front office sees fit, to go after another QB. To be clear though I want to see Tua under center on the first play from scrimmage next year behind Jackson, Hunt and Kindley with an actual training camp under their belt and with an upgrade at the skill spots.
and hopefully Sewell

All very true. I’ll pluck just one out of your list for emphasis - YAC. When is the last time you saw a Miami WR take a pass and then take it a fair distance after the catch?

As I was watching the Titans/Texans game yesterday, I saw receivers on both sides do it routinely. And if they weren’t running far after the catch, they were simply making great catches.
it wasn't a receiver. but gaskin took a 5 yard pass from fitzy and ran 59 yards for a Tizzle Dizzle.

I just don’t understand it? Is the Dolphins fan base really this dumb? What were there expectations of Tua? Did our fan base honestly believe he was going to come in coming off major hip surgery with no training camp or preseason and throw for 300 yards and 3 tds a game as a rookie? Since when is that even a remotely realistic. Yeah Herbert had a good season but let’s not pretend his performance which only 2-3 others have come close to is the new standard for a rookie. 99% will still struggle. For the most part he played well for a rookie and took care of the ball which is something very hard for rookies. Could he of played better? Yes of course but honestly if you were expecting more than what he showed I can honestly say you are out of touch with reality expectations.
Unfortunately the perfect people obviously expected Tua to come in and lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl in his rookie season no matter what level of talent he had around him.
‘Don’t you realize these same people have always been perfect in everything they have done and they never make mistakes. They started a job and were perfect from day one on the job and therefore they expect perfection from Tua and everyone else. Some people just love to point out the failures of others and they have no tolerance for learning on the job.
Fortunately I never had to work with these type people because everyone I worked with during my working years were imperfect individuals like me and we all made mistakes on occasion.

Yet I know that perfect people must exist because there are certainly a number of those perfect people who constantly post on this forum They are always happy to point out how imperfect Tua has been as a rookie QB in the NFL. .

I just don’t understand it? Is the Dolphins fan base really this dumb? What were there expectations of Tua? Did our fan base honestly believe he was going to come in coming off major hip surgery with no training camp or preseason and throw for 300 yards and 3 tds a game as a rookie? Since when is that even a remotely realistic. Yeah Herbert had a good season but let’s not pretend his performance which only 2-3 others have come close to is the new standard for a rookie. 99% will still struggle. For the most part he played well for a rookie and took care of the ball which is something very hard for rookies. Could he of played better? Yes of course but honestly if you were expecting more than what he showed I can honestly say you are out of touch with reality expectations.
Also a lot of people forget that even though the chargers have not had much success they still have a WR like Keenan Allen who if you are being honest is better then all of our WRs put together

Yards after catch is almost exclusively dependent on where the qb is placing the ball.
If your reciever has to make adjustments just to make a completion, he's not afforded the opportunity to make adjustments for extra yardage.
Tua is dink and dunk and only knows how to hit a reciever on a stop route after he's open instead of leading him into the catch.
The problems Tua is having does not fall on anyone except Tua. There are multiple targets on every play, but throwing to the checkdown each time is a choice.
Fitzpatrick doesn't have these problems with the same supporting cast.
You can teach a quarterback a playbook, and a smart quarterback can use that knowledge to audible into an ideal play. However, just like speed, you can't teach field vision. You either have it or you don't. Tua doesn't.

Not to be forgotten . . . there are two general types of routes - man coverage and zone. I doubt I'll get any blow back by saying Miami's receivers didn't get separation in man. That's the main reason WR is my #1 need. Zone is a little different. It's not always quickness and speed, but the ability to the holes in zone. Again, Miami's receivers didn't do well. For guys like Calloway, that's inexcusable. For Bowden, that MAY be teachable, which is why I'm not completely down on him.

Note I'm not a TT apologist. He played poorly often. Honest people will admit that without the 'yeah, buts.' That said, it's not just Miami's receivers were poor in separation, but in finding holes in the D. DVP and PW can compensate with jump balls. The rest? well, I think it was obvious

Back
Top Bottom