Cleo And Phins played colts better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cleo And Phins played colts better

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Well it is one week later and cleo lemon looked way better then trent green against the same defense inside the dome, and the phins played them way better then the chiefs, so we are not that far away guys, we just need to be consistent, maybe cleo can play

Well it is one week later and cleo lemon looked way better then trent green against the same defense inside the dome, and the phins played them way better then the chiefs, so we are not that far away guys, we just need to be consistent, maybe cleo can play

I definitely agree that we are not that far off, but I don't know about Cleo. Daunte is our quarterback, not Cleo.

Yeah but this is a defense who has been RIDICULED for many weeks now. Did you really think they were going to come out and get smashed up and down the field after THAT?

Besides.....the Chiefs defense has played Peyton much better than ours did. They've given up a lot of yards underneath, but they've had pressure on Manning, forcing him to throw plays for negative yards and they even forced some turnovers.

Yeah but this is a defense who has been RIDICULED for many weeks now. Did you really think they were going to come out and get smashed up and down the field after THAT?

Besides.....the Chiefs defense has played Peyton much better than ours did. They've given up a lot of yards underneath, but they've had pressure on Manning, forcing him to throw plays for negative yards and they even forced some turnovers.

Yeah but look at the scoreboard.

Yeah but look at the scoreboard.

Well it's not easy to hold the Colts under 8 points when your offense doesn't move the ball the ENTIRE game and gets completely shut down. The Chiefs defense should be commended for their performance today, even though it was in a loss. For them to hold the Colts to 23 points in the time of possession the Colts had the ball (which had to have been over 40 minutes?) that's pretty damn impressive. Unfortunately their offense didn't show up.

I dont think Lemon is that bad and should contend for the starting QB position.. He played MUCH better than Trent Green, a pro bowl Qb, played

I dont think Lemon is that bad and should contend for the starting QB position.. He played MUCH better than Trent Green, a pro bowl Qb, played

One game keep in mind....

I'd look at Lemon in the mini camps to see how he does but the starter for next year HAS to be Daunte Culpepper if he's a healthy player.

not really sure, but i dont think the colts had sanders when we played them.

One game keep in mind....

Not necessarily... took fins down the field wen Harrington couldnt against the Bills, scored a Td against Jets wen Harrington couldnt do anything, played virtually mistake free in preseason.. He deserves to be looked at.. and just bc Cpep might be "healthy" come next season doesnt necessarily mean he should start, but we will see.. all in all tho, i believe we cut Harrington b4 he gets his money and draft a QB for the future

not really sure, but i dont think the colts had sanders when we played them.

No they didn't, but i dont know if that's what was giving the Colts their new found shut down defense today. I mean there was pressure on green ALL day, they couldn't open ANY holes for Larry Johnson, and their receivers dropped some pretty crucial catchable passes. It was an outstanding defensive showing by the Colts, but can they consistently keep it up going into Baltimore next week? Against a decent offense but a POWERFUL defense who should keep their offense in check.

Not necessarily... took fins down the field wen Harrington couldnt against the Bills, scored a Td against Jets wen Harrington couldnt do anything, played virtually mistake free in preseason.. He deserves to be looked at.. and just bc Cpep might be "healthy" come next season doesnt necessarily mean he should start, but we will see.. all in all tho, i believe we cut Harrington b4 he gets his money and draft a QB for the future

but heres the thing. he's never really played a lot before...always been a backup. therefore, theres not a lot of film on him. so when teams played us when he was qb, they didnt really know how to prepare.

i'm not tryin to put anyone down, but c'mon

Lemon has constant pressure too. He was just able to avoid it. Didn't you hear the announcers say how quickly the defenders get to the ball? ON one play where Lemon rolled out they said that is usually a fumble. Lemon played excellent. The problem is he has been stereotyped and it won't be easy for him to get rid of that

but heres the thing. he's never really played a lot before...always been a backup. therefore, theres not a lot of film on him. so when teams played us when he was qb, they didnt really know how to prepare.

i'm not tryin to put anyone down, but c'mon

Thats a weak point.. Not having film on a QB isnt much... They knew the philosophy of the fins offense, short quick throws
Lemon outplayed Harrington and deserves a shot next year, not deserves to start but deserves a shot

Back
Top Bottom