Cleo Lemon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cleo Lemon

cleo is more confident, he is athletic, high character individual, he doesn't alienate teammates and isolate himself by playing the piano like joey.

Um, where do you get that from? Do you have a secret spycam in the Dolphins locker room that shows you that his teammates are "alienated" and that there's a piano in the locker room? :shakeno:

I'm guessing the first interception Cleo throws will be the start of when some Cleo bandwagoners turn on him and start calling for his immediate release from the team.

Preseason in Miami.
Preseason in San Diego.

Four years of JH being the starting QB in Detroit.
Eleven games with the Dolphins.

What did Cleo do that neither Harrington nor Daunte did this year for the Phins either in preseason or his 3/4's of play? I mean what has he done that has you so convinced he is better for the job? Harrington seemed to have good timing yesterday with Chambers, he hit him in stride between two defenders on a deep ball, also hit him in man coverage for what should have been big YAC, unfortunately Chambers dropped both passes.

All I saw from Cleo was some dumpoffs to Randy and Hagan, Saw him throw an interception straight too a jets defender that fortunately was dropped. Saw him throw to Wes in triple coverage in which Wes got layed out saving another interception.

I just don't see what gives you this confidence that Cleo is anything but mediocre?

:lol:
What did Cleo do that neither Harrington nor Daunte did this year for the Phins either in preseason or his 3/4's of play? I mean what has he done that has you so convinced he is better for the job? Harrington seemed to have good timing yesterday with Chambers, he hit him in stride between two defenders on a deep ball, also hit him in man coverage for what should have been big YAC, unfortunately Chambers dropped both passes.

All I saw from Cleo was some dumpoffs to Randy and Hagan, Saw him throw an interception straight too a jets defender that fortunately was dropped. Saw him throw to Wes in triple coverage in which Wes got layed out saving another interception.

I just don't see what gives you this confidence that Cleo is anything but mediocre?

Cleo was more consistent and actually played better than any other QB on our roster. Sure he played 3rd string, but he did exceptionally well in driving the team downfield...as seen yesterday and making good decisions with the football.

All you saw from Cleo was a few dumpoffs?? :lol: Well I paid attention and watched him make good decisions with the football.
You want to harp on a dropped interception and the fact that he HIT WES IN THE CHEST?? In triple coverage, that was a hell of a throw...if Marino had done that (like he has done before) you wouldn't question it.

Cleo has done well for the situations that he has been in. Joey has not. He is still the same QB from Detroit who limits the playbook. He does only a few things well,...then he hits a funk where he can't even do nothing good. It is foolish to rely on a guy who has had as much time as he has in this league and still shows no improvement.
His game is weak and doesn't scare any team.

I've liked what Ive seen from cleo in his limited role so far but it seems premature to categorically state he's better than Harrington or Daunte. So far my take is that when both play against Indy, Harrington will have the better stats. Doesnt necessarily mean he's going to be better long term but I think the cover 2 that Indy employs will benfit Harrington more than it does Indy. Those rollout plays that were effective against the Jets in the rain will probably be snuffed by the outside speed of the Colts although he could find some running room up the middle if the Colts rush too agressively.

This game will call for play action and short dink and dunk passes since the cover 2 is designed to take away the deep game. This plays into Joeys strengths. Mcmichael should be used heavily since TEs can have great games finding the seem. Cleo showed a great rapport with Randy against the Jets and hopefully he can replicate that but it seems to me that after watching the Bills and Jets games Cleo will have a hard time finding those short 5 to 7 yard passes that are necessary to move the ball against the cover 2 whereas this will be tailor made for Harrington

Cleo needs the same opportunity given to Joey. Just like everyone says, he looks good in the pocket and doesn't rattle like daunte or Joey. I'm not saying he's Peyton, but he deserves a shot. You know, you can actually see how Joey could have been drafted so high. In workouts without a pass rush, you can imagine Joey shining, dropping back fast, making all the throws, fast release, mobile, good ball handler, all the physical tools. Joey has what the scouts look for... in workouts. Then, in live action all hell breaks loose, Joey is hyper, jittery, bigtime happy feet. No touch, Throws a bullett ball 100mph no matter how short the pattern. I noticed, early on, Joey's accuracy was pretty good considering the lightning quick release but the receivers dropped his passes a lot. Yes, they should catch everything but a quarterback with "touch" does make it easier. Joey has regressed because team's have caught up with the one-dimensional, limited, short passing attack and Joey can't do anything else.

i think cleo proved last night that he can develope into this teams #2 qb for the future, before really getting a look at him i was thinking that the best move would be to let him go and to draft a qb and raise him under our offense and team and hopefully develope a good qb for the future however i think cleo has shown that he has potential to step up if needed. im still a daunte fan and believe he will be our starter next year and hopefully years to come however i think cleo has a good shot to be his back up for years to come. joey in the other hand i have no idea what will go on, i mean he has played great at times and then really poor at times so you really dont know what to expect when he starts, at this point with his past two outings ending up on the bench, it wont look like we'll get many offers for him. Joey though should still be given a second chance this offseason and in trainging camp to compete for his job and most likely battle cleo for the 2nd string qb job.

i'm not even reading this entire thread. i just think you all are completely out of control. first, daunte was our saviour, then he hasn't fully recovered and before we even find out why everyones calling for his head, and to put joey the real deal harrington in. now he's been in for a few weeks doing an average joey harrington job, and it's time to start cleo lemon. when does it all end? is brock next? no, daunte's back next season. let's give it a rest huh fellas?

I've liked what Ive seen from cleo in his limited role so far but it seems premature to categorically state he's better than Harrington or Daunte. So far my take is that when both play against Indy, Harrington will have the better stats. Doesnt necessarily mean he's going to be better long term but I think the cover 2 that Indy employs will benfit Harrington more than it does Indy. Those rollout plays that were effective against the Jets in the rain will probably be snuffed by the outside speed of the Colts although he could find some running room up the middle if the Colts rush too agressively.

This game will call for play action and short dink and dunk passes since the cover 2 is designed to take away the deep game. This plays into Joeys strengths. Mcmichael should be used heavily since TEs can have great games finding the seem. Cleo showed a great rapport with Randy against the Jets and hopefully he can replicate that but it seems to me that after watching the Bills and Jets games Cleo will have a hard time finding those short 5 to 7 yard passes that are necessary to move the ball against the cover 2 whereas this will be tailor made for Harrington

Not sure I completely understand why you think Cleo can't handle a 5-7 yard pass. :confused:

i think cleo proved last night that he can develope into this teams #2 qb for the future, before really getting a look at him i was thinking that the best move would be to let him go and to draft a qb and raise him under our offense and team and hopefully develope a good qb for the future however i think cleo has shown that he has potential to step up if needed. im still a daunte fan and believe he will be our starter next year and hopefully years to come however i think cleo has a good shot to be his back up for years to come. joey in the other hand i have no idea what will go on, i mean he has played great at times and then really poor at times so you really dont know what to expect when he starts, at this point with his past two outings ending up on the bench, it wont look like we'll get many offers for him. Joey though should still be given a second chance this offseason and in trainging camp to compete for his job and most likely battle cleo for the 2nd string qb job.

Agreed though I have more reservations about Daunte. I just think he may have a harder time becoming a pocket passer with less mobility than we're letting on. I think one of our QBs should be let go or traded and honestly I dont care which one. They all have their good points and bad points. Its just a matter of which fit what we want to do and who can improve the most in the offseason. I am completely with you on drafting a QB and grooming him. Let him be our number 3 and let the two best in the preseason or offseason stay whoever Saban feels warrant it

Not sure I completely understand why you think Cleo can't handle a 5-7 yard pass. :confused:

We'll see Sunday. Its too early to tell but his strengths seem to be the longer passes and the passes down the middle of the field. I think he'll do well throwing to McMichael since TEs generally have success finding the seams against cover 2 but He'll have to hit alot of crossing routes and out patterns and against Buffalo it seemd he had a harder time with the shorter passes. Right now I have less than one game to go on so I'm just speculating but Sunday should tell. The one thing I'm more sure of is the Indy defense plays into Harrington's strengths so he should have a better game gainst them if he plays the first half. I guess that has yet to be determined officially though

cleo is more confident, he is athletic, high character individual, he doesn't alienate teammates and isolate himself by playing the piano like joey.

Isolate himself by playing the piano? Wow.

I just want A quarteback who can win games. Any quarterback with skill. I am so tired of the inconsistancy I am about to explode. Miami needs to DRAFT a quarterback, the team has only drafted 2 quarterbacks in something like 13 years, and they sucked.

Cleo was more consistent and actually played better than any other QB on our roster. Sure he played 3rd string, but he did exceptionally well in driving the team downfield...as seen yesterday and making good decisions with the football.

How can you say he's played consitently when he's only played 3 quarters?

All you saw from Cleo was a few dumpoffs?? :lol: Well I paid attention and watched him make good decisions with the football.
You want to harp on a dropped interception and the fact that he HIT WES IN THE CHEST?? In triple coverage, that was a hell of a throw...if Marino had done that (like he has done before) you wouldn't question it.

Yes, for the most part, It looked like a simplified offense where he had one read and a check down to me. Not much decision making involved in that. The couple times he threw further than ten yards one hit a Jets defender in the chest, the other hung Welker out to dry most good QB's wouldn't have thrown that pass because he wouldn't want his reciever going out of the game with an injury and if that was Chambers he never would have went in for the pass it would have been easily intercepted.

Cleo has done well for the situations that he has been in. Joey has not. He is still the same QB from Detroit who limits the playbook. He does only a few things well,...then he hits a funk where he can't even do nothing good. It is foolish to rely on a guy who has had as much time as he has in this league and still shows no improvement.
His game is weak and doesn't scare any team.

So your complaining about Harrington limitting the playbook yet Lemon limited it far more, that doesn't make alot of sense. I still don't see what Cleo's done in these three quarters to be considered better than anyone else this year.

I would love to see the guy become a Tony Romo, that would be great but I suspect he is going to be nothing more than the third string QB he's always been.

One thing I would like to see is if Saban is going to give him playing time then start the guy for a full game instead of doing this QB swapping thing at halftime. 2 Quarters of football is not enough to determine anything, Saban should either grow a sack and commit to playing him and let him start or leave Harrington in there. This non commital sharing of QB time is just silly. Saban needs to start being more decisive.

I just want A quarteback who can win games. Any quarterback with skill. I am so tired of the inconsistancy I am about to explode. Miami needs to DRAFT a quarterback, the team has only drafted 2 quarterbacks in something like 13 years, and they sucked.

They have sucked because they were low picks. Truth is, that since Marino in 1993 none of the coaching regimes has really invested a high draft pick in a QB. That pretty much sums up the team failure over the last several yrs. There is no real leader on the offense to elevate the play of those around him.

Back
Top Bottom