Cliff Avrill Info | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cliff Avrill Info

I love it, another guy i have connections with.. lol.. I'm good friends with his cousin cilly.. I will talk to him and see if he knows more information.. to those who say he has a bad work ethic, please have some evidence.. the guy was a 3rd round pick and projected to be a better 3-4 prospect. He ran a 4.5 and is perfect size for solb. At purdue he was more than a playmaker. the guy eats right, trains hard, and would be a great pick up. like i said, I will find out more information :)

He didn't play well last year. Anybody telling you that is pulling your chain.

He had to be replaced toward the end of the year with a guy they picked up off waivers.

He had some speed but he just isn't a good pass rusher.

Look at Gholston,Harvey, and so many others recently. A guy needs more than ability to pass rush. He needs something greater inside.

Even the super gifted Julius Peppers under achieves most of the time.

Maybe they plan on converting him to ILB because he doesn't have a chance of competing with Wake, and I think we are bringing back JT. If we aren't we are just plain stupid.

We sure could use a playmaking Will LB.
Whether or not JT is back is a moot point. He has possibly one year left and he really was not all that productive last season. Avril would be a good addition because he can handle run support. Not Wake's strong suit.

FYI. Avril missed three games due to injury and actually was more productive then his rookie year when he made the all rookie team.

http://www.avril92.com/news.html

Go to the link and click on the title, "Overall profile". It doesn't get any simpler.

Whether or not JT is back is a moot point. He has possibly one year left and he really was not all that productive last season. Avril would be a good addition because he can handle run support. Not Wake's strong suit.

FYI. Avril missed three games due to injury and actually was more productive then his rookie year when he made the all rookie team.

http://www.avril92.com/news.html

You have a right to your opinion but PFF ranked him the 7th best rating for 3-4 OLB's last year and the NFL had him even higher ranked.

So think whatever you want to, but I will believe the detailed rating system.

Jason Taylor had a great year. Could have been better, but 8 sacks in 500 snaps is good. If he gets 7 or 8 hundred next year he will probably get double digit sacks again.

Funny this topic came up, I work at a bank in Orange Park which is located right outside of Jacksonville. If you look at Cliff Avril's byo he is from Green Cove Springs which is 8 miles down from where i work. Anyway during the off season Cliff comes into my bank and I make small talk with him and he is dying to get out of detroit and come to a warm weather team. I asked him when his contract was up and he said after this season. I told him, " My man, you need to sign with the Dolphins." He laughed and said, "I'd be all about that man." If he ends up going to Miami that would be tight. Plus he is the perfect size for a 3-4 OLB

You have a right to your opinion but PFF ranked him the 7th best rating for 3-4 OLB's last year and the NFL had him even higher ranked.

So think whatever you want to, but I will believe the detailed rating system.

Jason Taylor had a great year. Could have been better, but 8 sacks in 500 snaps is good. If he gets 7 or 8 hundred next year he will probably get double digit sacks again.

PFF also ranks Wilson as the 15th best Safety. :err:

Ship them J Porter and a 6th, and see if they bite. Would love to see JP stuck there

OFMG! That made me laugh out loud. :up:

This would be priceless not to mention it would drive the message home faster than an 18 year old after he just hooked up with his date at the prom.

Cliff would be a great SOLB for us. He stops the run very well and can get to the QB. Resign JT and have Avril SOLB with Wake/JT at WOLB. A 6th and Ginn/ JP is what i would sell but in the end i wouldn't have any qualms with sending the 4th to them and the 3rd for Q.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Cliff+Avril+wonderlic&start=10&sa=N

Go here and click on "Overall Profile". It will take you to a very troubling PDF page.

Unless this kid has been born again, we defintely don't want him. He is a classic under achiever. Bad work ethic.

nice find.

but I wouldn't say that these reports are gospel...

http://www.google.com/search?q=hrd+...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en

I'd take Peyton Hillis on my team and they gave him a 1. On the hand, I don't have any use for Earl Bennett.

Back
Top Bottom