Clive Walford | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clive Walford

Putting in a claim for Walford makes sense. He may not be a true #1 TE, but he’s had some success playing in a reserve role. It would, at the very least be more of a depth signing. I like the idea of adding him. Hope it happens. If he’s signed, perhaps Miami waits until round 3 to select a TE and not round 2, like we all expect.

The Raiders are releasing Clive Walford, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported.

Cutting the 26-year-old tight end saves Oakland $1.9 million on the salary cap. With Jared Cook set to count for almost $5.7 against the cap, keeping both TEs became untenable.

Walford, a former third-round pick, had the worst season of his pro career in 2017, earning just nine catches for 80 yards in 13 games. He ended 2017 on injured reserve due to a concussion. Despite the struggles, the athletic tight end should land on his feet elsewhere.

As for Gruden, he presses forward with a tight end corps of Cook, Lee Smith, Derek Carrier and Pharaoh Brown.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...alford-reportedly-released-by-oakland-raiders

Baker Mayfield - QB - Player
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins expect to miss out on the draft's top quarterbacks.

The Dolphins pick at No. 11 but believe each of Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield will be off the board by then. The Dolphins have been strongly connected to Mayfield, but his stock seems to have solidified into that of a top-10 pick. The Dolphins are no strangers to bold moves but it seems they are not willing to trade up at the moment.

Ozzy rules!!

Baker Mayfield - QB - Player
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins expect to miss out on the draft's top quarterbacks.

The Dolphins pick at No. 11 but believe each of Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield will be off the board by then. The Dolphins have been strongly connected to Mayfield, but his stock seems to have solidified into that of a top-10 pick. The Dolphins are no strangers to bold moves but it seems they are not willing to trade up at the moment.

Ozzy rules!!
I figured that when we signed Osweiler. We will most likely carry 3 qbs and draft a developmental QB like Luke Falk.

I think it would be smart to bring Walford in and still draft a TE.

The TE class for this draft doesn't seem to have any exceptional talent. This way we can see how those two do in camp and keep the one we like best. I think a current player with NFL experience is a better bet. I also think there is enough defensive talent in this years draft that this using one of our draft picks for a defensive player rather than a second TE is good draft management.

This would be consistent with what the FO has done so far this season in free agency.

I figured that when we signed Osweiler. We will most likely carry 3 qbs and draft a developmental QB like Luke Falk.

I think we carry 3 as well.

I just wouldn't carry Luke Falk. I'm just not a fan of his skillset and don't see it translating well to the pro game.

I think we carry 3 as well.

I just wouldn't carry Luke Falk. I'm just not a fan of his skillset and don't see it translating well to the pro game.
I've liked him since last summer. We shall see how he turns out but this is a strong year for developmental qbs. I would grab one in the 3rd.

This guy is a lump. Underwhelming in college. Even worse in the NFL. Amazes me posters think he can possibly be a better option than the top 4 to 6 available in the draft. 1.9M for him laughable, pass. Develop Derby and draft a real TE.

Honest question, who is our current starting TE?

Don't have a starter te at the moment, but no need to rush. See how the draft plays out and then if it's still an issue address it in June. I think you can find steady non-spectacular tight ends. Nobody was making a big fuss over a tight end like Cameron Brate when he entered the league four years ago.

This guy is a lump. Underwhelming in college. Even worse in the NFL. Amazes me posters think he can possibly be a better option than the top 4 to 6 available in the draft. 1.9M for him laughable, pass. Develop Derby and draft a real TE.
the point is we still need possibly 2 more tight ends. he is a better and cheaper option than what is left in free agency. It doesn't take much to be a better option on our current depth chart at tight end though.

Back
Top Bottom