Clive Walford | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clive Walford

So we're relegated to just taking players from the U? Herndon is pretty meh as a prospect. I'd draft him in round 5 or 6, definitely not 4.
I think Herndon is no worse than Sims coming out as a prospect, ala 4th round grade?

I think we should take a chance on him. I really want Andrews in the 2nd though

To those knocking Canes TE's since 199O we have had 4 TE's drafted first round. No other schools have had even 2.
Wilford is ok and is a decent blocker but was probably over drafted in the second round.. Herndon is a good blocker and a much better route runner and pass catcher who i would look at in the 4 round. He is coming off a leg injury that may drop him another round or so.

To those knocking Canes TE's since 199O we have had 4 TE's drafted first round. No other schools have had even 2.
Wilford is ok and is a decent blocker but was probably over drafted in the second round.. Herndon is a good blocker and a much better route runner and pass catcher who i would look at in the 4 round. He is coming off a leg injury that may drop him another round or so.
What does any 1 players success being drafted have anything to do with someone else? Shabby support argument.

Talented TE. Oakland hardly ever used theirs regardless of who was there. David Carr rarely looked at anything other then a wr especially inside the 20. That's all Crabtree. Is definitely give him a look. Has good hands, speed, frame and knows how to block and block out defenders. Also personally I think TE is one of hardest spots to learn. No TE does well first couple years. Extremely rare.

I would bring him in just to compete. The concusions are a concern but he definitely has talent. Actually was rated the #1 pass blocking TE by PFF in 2016. Would still draft a TE in the 2nd or 3rd.

What does any 1 players success being drafted have anything to do with someone else? Shabby support argument.

If that was the only thing I posted you would be correct. It wasn't.

May have something to do with Jared Cook taking most of the reps at TE (plus 86 targets) and Carr having a down year plus bringing in Lynch changed their offensive style. He was only targeted 13 times last year and caught 9 of them, which is 69% successful. He also played in 13 games so it's not like he's got some long injury history.

In 2016 he caught 33/42 (64%) in 15 games with 3 TDs.
In 2015 he caught 28/50 (56%) in 65 games with 3 TDs.

Why the hell wouldn't we want to bring him in? At his age and with his skills he'd be the most talented TE (not H-Back) Miami has had in many years, probably since Randy McMichael.

Back
Top Bottom