Closing the Door on Buffalo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Closing the Door on Buffalo

Well! You need to start by having an offense that can score. Teams like the Bills are too talented to stop from scoring completely.

Secondly, We have to get much better at playing zone in our defense. We’re not very good at it. Playing man against the Bills with a mobile Qb like Allen and playing single high against their speedy/shifty recievers is asking for trouble.
You also need to be able to generate a pass rush without having to blitz. Most 9f our sacks this season have come because we confused the opponent and get a free blitzer or something close to that. When we drop back and straight up rush with 4 we get nowhere.

Look at the Bills and KC games. For the first quarter and 1/2, the defense was making plays and keeping them out of the endzone. The problem was our offense, with a rookie QB, no offensive weapons, conservative play calling and rookie lineman, weren't able to capitalize. The offense needs to take advantage of the early opportunities. If they were able to get a couple TDs instead of 1 or 2 FGs, it's a totally different ballgame. Instead of being up 10-0 on the Chiefs you could be up 21-0 or instead of 3-0 on the Bills is could have been 17-0.

With most of our wins we did just that, jump up early and scored some points (defense helped with that for a stretch). Granted those teams didn't have the fire power as the Bills and Chiefs but when your able to build a lead the opposition starts to press and fall off their game plan.

The good news is our team made a huge jump from year one to year two, mostly the defense. This offseason in FA and the draft, I expect a heavy focus on the offense and hope for a similar turnaround.

Remember, we just completed year one coming off a total rebuild and we were already 10-6. We have draft capital, a very young team and I believe a great coach. Things are definitely looking (fins) up.

Look at the Bills and KC games. For the first quarter and 1/2, the defense was making plays and keeping them out of the endzone. The problem was our offense, with a rookie QB, no offensive weapons, conservative play calling and rookie lineman, weren't able to capitalize. The offense needs to take advantage of the early opportunities. If they were able to get a couple TDs instead of 1 or 2 FGs, it's a totally different ballgame. Instead of being up 10-0 on the Chiefs you could be up 21-0 or instead of 3-0 on the Bills is could have been 17-0.

With most of our wins we did just that, jump up early and scored some points (defense helped with that for a stretch). Granted those teams didn't have the fire power as the Bills and Chiefs but when your able to build a lead the opposition starts to press and fall off their game plan.

The good news is our team made a huge jump from year one to year two, mostly the defense. This offseason in FA and the draft, I expect a heavy focus on the offense and hope for a similar turnaround.

Remember, we just completed year one coming off a total rebuild and we were already 10-6. We have draft capital, a very young team and I believe a great coach. Things are definitely looking (fins) up.
That's so true. Miami forced three first half turnovers against KC and somehow trailed 14-10 at the half.

If Parker becomes the #2 option at wide receiver, this offense becomes so much better. I commend him for putting up solid numbers going up against the top corners on the opposition. Imagine Parker against #2's?

Add a power back, a game changer at wide receiver and another talented offensive lineman and Miami could be in the running.

Back
Top Bottom