Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract

Wow he really doesn’t want to come to Miami haha. Such an odd move, I get that he wants $20 million a year but dang dude bet you won’t get close to 17 now.

Reportedly we offered Clown 17 mil a year and he turned it down.

Hes not worth it anyway, glad we didnt sign him

You sure about that?

This isn't a case of "the best looking girl at the dance didn't want to go with me...so now I'm glad she's there with someone else?" izzit?

I’m glad we made an offer..

with the cap room we have, I don’t mind us overpaying a bit for a guy that seems to make a huge impact whenever I see him play...

Ask yourself a question. How come every F/A Miami signed was reported to be negotiating prior to signing with the team. Everywhere you looked via Twitter there were reports of these players talking contract. BUT NOT CLOWNEY!!! I call BS on the entire report, he passed on $17m. Sorry I don't believe it.

He stated last year he didnt want to play for another Belechick disciple when we were reportedly interested in him being part of the Tunsil deal. So that could be more of a reason than money.

Its a pride thing at this point. He won't take less than Flowers did a year ago when the cap was lower.

He might have to do a 1 year deal and bank on his health and then try for the big money in 2021 . . . but he is starting to get older as well.

Back
Top Bottom