Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract

i don't doubt teams are trying to lowball him right now bc the longer it goes, worry and panic could begin to set in.

Its a pride thing at this point. He won't take less than Flowers did a year ago when the cap was lower.

He might have to do a 1 year deal and bank on his health and then try for the big money in 2021 . . . but he is starting to get older as well.
Are you seriously stating that being 27 years old is getting older? You must be 10 if you think 27 is old.

i don't doubt teams are trying to lowball him right now bc the longer it goes, worry and panic could begin to set in.

Offering him 17 million is not a lowball thats pretty much what he's worth. The problem is he think he worth $20 million+ which is outrageous for someone who has never posted double digit sacks and has played 16 games once in his career.

I'm really happy with Lawson and Ogbah instead of Clowney. They don't have the big names, but they're the more consistent reliable players. Methinks Grier played this one out pretty well by floating the $17M to see if the Clown would nibble at the bait. Net result, Dolphins didn't end up overpaying for a big name under-performer. Seattle can have him.

Looks like the Seahawks backed off of Clowney , gave up a 5th draft pick and signed Q. Dunbar the #2 ranked CB.

He will probably be a bit costly so the Clowney offer should be interesting.

Truthfully not saying that we should get involved , damn I'd take Chris Jones before Clown... Just a little added info

I don't think we ever made an offer.

That’s what I was about to post. More like we inquired about his asking price and then backed off.

I see a one year deal to Philly in the cards for him. Really feel like this has Howie Roseman written all over it. Or possibly Dallas if they have the scratch. Maybe with the Frederick retirement they have it?

Offering him 17 million is not a lowball thats pretty much what he's worth. The problem is he think he worth $20 million+ which is outrageous for someone who has never posted double digit sacks and has played 16 games once in his career.

I just meant lowball his asking price, hoping he bites.

Are you seriously stating that being 27 years old is getting older? You must be 10 if you think 27 is old.

27 now, 28 before free agency in 2021. Already signs of breaking down. Every year he waits out for that 5 year/100 million deal the harder it becomes to get that deal. Has never shown to be the elite pass rusher that normally commands those type of deals either.

He gambled on himself by passing up what was sure to be a nice extension had he agreed to the trade to Miami, at age 26, back in September. Now he had a low sack total season and another surgery after the season.

Still a beast in the run game but there are reasons why teams are hesitant paying Clowney that type of money.

FYI I am 37

So Bill O'Brien is such an a-hole that guys don't want to play for people who worked for the same guy he worked for?

That is a high degree of a**holery there Bill. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom