Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract

In honor of Kenny Rogers:
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em

Melvin Gordon held them and lost. Others have done it and won. Time will tell on Clowney.

I am good with us not getting Clowney. I don't read anything about him that screams 17 million let alone 20.

I mean Clowney with his piss ass injuries and lack of sacks is so full of himself it’s a joke.
The guy is closer to a bust than a guy you build around.

Why are we mad at Clowney for not wanting to come here?

Would you leave your present job to go to a other job with a lesser company...for LESS money?

You sure about that?

This isn't a case of "the best looking girl at the dance didn't want to go with me...so now I'm glad she's there with someone else?" izzit?

Yeah, brother. Let the door hit her where the good Lord split her. Know that daddy’s- this daddy’s- d!ck would’ve served her better.

You gotta have that attitude. Whether it comes from a bitter place or not, it’s more fuel for the fire.

Silver lining: Grier is trying to move heaven and earth to grow this D (pun intended) for Flores. It be nice to have superstars but the Pats defense is stellar because they play as a unit. “Do your job.”

Dismiss that ho, forget that clown. We’ll move on up without ‘em.

Why are we mad at Clowney for not wanting to come here?

Would you leave your present job to go to a other job with a lesser company...for LESS money?

I am not mad at Clowney but what has he done to merit such self worth? As for leaving your present job for less money? He has no job, he is unemployed. Less money? I am sure whatever he is offered will be better long term for him as this is his “money” contract.

If this guy does one more “prove” it contract I am afraid his value will continue to plunge.

That's if we really gave him an offer lol. Wouldn't be surprised to find out the Dolphins were just used as a name to call out for negotiating reasons. Wouldn't be the first time.

Good for him. I don't think he'll get a higher offer, and he can get beat by us instead when we get our sh*t together.

I am not mad at Clowney but what has he done to merit such self worth? As for leaving your present job for less money? He has no job, he is unemployed. Less money? I am sure whatever he is offered will be better long term for him as this is his “money” contract.

If this guy does one more “prove” it contract I am afraid his value will continue to plunge.

He has no job...that is a condition that is temporary. I'm not sure if anyone is actually getting a check this week, so I don't know how much money he is missing out on.

As far as coming here...I don't think he ever wanted to. That very well could have been O'Brien losing more of his mind and Clowney wanting no part of it.

For the record, if I had a choice of Seattle for $17.5 mill and Miami for $17.5 mill...there would be no discussion. I'm firing my agent if he fields another call from Grier that isn't $2 million more than a successful, well-run organization has offered.

He has no job...that is a condition that is temporary. I'm not sure if anyone is actually getting a check this week, so I don't know how much money he is missing out on.

As far as coming here...I don't think he ever wanted to. That very well could have been O'Brien losing more of his mind and Clowney wanting no part of it.

For the record, if I had a choice of Seattle for $17.5 mill and Miami for $17.5 mill...there would be no discussion. I'm firing my agent if he fields another call from Grier that isn't $2 million more than a successful, well-run organization has offered.
As of now I'm happy with the way things are run, the old way would have paid this clown.

Back
Top Bottom