Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney turned down 17 mil per- multi year contract

He has no job...that is a condition that is temporary. I'm not sure if anyone is actually getting a check this week, so I don't know how much money he is missing out on.

As far as coming here...I don't think he ever wanted to. That very well could have been O'Brien losing more of his mind and Clowney wanting no part of it.

For the record, if I had a choice of Seattle for $17.5 mill and Miami for $17.5 mill...there would be no discussion. I'm firing my agent if he fields another call from Grier that isn't $2 million more than a successful, well-run organization has offered.

Trust me my friend I would stay in Seattle to. You have to have some vision to see what we are doing. That being said how do you know Seattle is offering that? He can already tell he is not getting 20 mil from anyone. He took a gamble and at the moment he has lost. I don’t even see rumors of anyone wanting him. People would rather talk about potential trades with KC or Jacksonville about their studs. He may stay in Seattle but it won’t be for what he wants and if you think Miami should offer 19.5 than I don’t know what to say. Yes I do, he is not worth it.

His play is worth the money but his little bitch attitude isn't. I am done with this guy if he really turned down 17 mil per year from us. The guy will never be satisfied and will only be a distraction.

Trust me my friend I would stay in Seattle to. You have to have some vision to see what we are doing. That being said how do you know Seattle is offering that? He can already tell he is not getting 20 mil from anyone. He took a gamble and at the moment he has lost. I don’t even see rumors of anyone wanting him. People would rather talk about potential trades with KC or Jacksonville about their studs. He may stay in Seattle but it won’t be for what he wants and if you think Miami should offer 19.5 than I don’t know what to say. Yes I do, he is not worth it.

No player has time to see a team's "vision". Players are mercenaries, as they should be, especially very good players. That said, I will give odds that the Dolphins offer wasn't better than Seattle's offer. That brings me back to my original point. Clowney shouldn't care about the Dolphins "vision". He should care about maximizing his money and effort in a winning situation. We don't afford him one of those...maybe both.

No player has time to see a team's "vision". Players are mercenaries, as they should be, especially very good players. That said, I will give odds that the Dolphins offer wasn't better than Seattle's offer. That brings me back to my original point. Clowney shouldn't care about the Dolphins "vision". He should care about maximizing his money and effort in a winning situation. We don't afford him one of those...maybe both.
wow, every free agent asks about plans, direction and how the team envisions using them

He has no job...that is a condition that is temporary. I'm not sure if anyone is actually getting a check this week, so I don't know how much money he is missing out on.

As far as coming here...I don't think he ever wanted to. That very well could have been O'Brien losing more of his mind and Clowney wanting no part of it.

For the record, if I had a choice of Seattle for $17.5 mill and Miami for $17.5 mill...there would be no discussion. I'm firing my agent if he fields another call from Grier that isn't $2 million more than a successful, well-run organization has offered.

Lol

State income tax

you’d be a bad agent :-)

You keep saying Seattle’s offer, what offer? Is that verified anywhere? At this moment depending on the draft I think we will be very competitive next yr. We may not be at Seattles level but playing in the AFC catching a Tennesse, Buffalo or slumping NE is not far fetched.
I guess we will see when and where he ends up.

You keep saying Seattle’s offer, what offer? Is that verified anywhere?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...so-plan-to-pursue-everson-griffen-per-report/

At this moment depending on the draft I think we will be very competitive next yr. We may not be at Seattles level but playing in the AFC catching a Tennesse, Buffalo or slumping NE is not far fetched.
I guess we will see when and where he ends up.

We seem to be on our way. Seattle seems to be there and maintaining...hoping for a little this and a little that to take them over the top.

Clowney, to me, is the Tannehill of pass rushers. Everything is there from a physical/measurable standpoint and he occasionally does something on the field to make you see that amazing potential and keep coaches fantasizing about what they can do with him out there. But he never really lives up to that potential. And now he wants the type of money that you earn through results, not potential. They were wise to walk away and sign 2 players for roughly the same cap horn as he would have cost us.

I’m glad we made an offer..

with the cap room we have, I don’t mind us overpaying a bit for a guy that seems to make a huge impact whenever I see him play...

I'm even happier we didn't go crazy trying to bring him in.

It shows some consistency in who we are looking at and some spending discipline in "staying with what we feel is a fair price". This has to be a sign that the Front Office is working within a set of goals. I hope we can keep it up.

We might not get every player we want, but we are limiting our exposure in terms of cap space. This is really important to the overall health and development of this team.

Well, I don't want Clowns that are greedy for Mo Money on Miami, I want players that are greedy for success and victories.

Players are going to be paid, but what makes a player into a quality memorable player is how much heart he had for the game, not the money.

18.5 good grief. Good luck

Seattle will get him for 17.5, or 18.5 (if they feel like being nice). They allowed him to go out and see what they were saying.

How hilarious it would be if we ended up signing Clowney for $18.5 million and then watching half the board try to spin it into a positive after tearing this guy down.

Back
Top Bottom