Clowney's asking price is dropping | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney's asking price is dropping

He's only played a full season once; he played through some kind of hip/core injury last year. While that is certainly commendable, he probably doesn't play through that same injury once the checks clear.

Something in the water down in Houston that damages their pass rushers.

On a different note, years of taking vitamins and saying his prayers appear to be catching up with JJ Watt.

I hope Clowney looks like a dumbass when he has to take a 13mil 1 year offer. The guy seems only interested in Clowney Inc.

I don't want any player who doesn't want to be here. Let his price keep falling, I would rather use one of our first round draft choices for a rookie who is looking to make a name for himself.

He's only played a full season once; he played through some kind of hip/core injury last year. While that is certainly commendable, he probably doesn't play through that same injury once the checks clear.

Something in the water down in Houston that damages their pass rushers.

On a different note, years of taking vitamins and saying his prayers appear to be catching up with JJ Watt.
Yep he only played through that to get paid in FA.

I'm very happy with Ogbah and Lawson as starters. I think they are just the type of guys that Flores wants.

He didn't want to be on a bad team when we first offered. Have we changed into a good team somehow? I mean, it all looks good on paper, but how many games has the '20 - '21 team won?

Realistically, if I had a choice between Seattle and Miami for the same money...I'm going to Seattle. This coming from a Dolphin fan.

No thanks. If hes declined playing my team once for whatever reason then that's enough for me. The fact hes downgrading his price tag. No thanks. Phins are on the up. Clowney wont effect the Dolphins improvement over the next few seasons.

I’d give Vinny Curry a ring at this point. See if he’s willing to do a 1 year, 1.5M deal with sack incentives.

He doesn't fit the FO profile of what they said they would do and followed thro on.
FO said they wanted to sign more multiple 2nd tier players in FA than splash the cash at 2/3 Suh type signings, although Jones does as the one only fits that bill.
They have followed thro on their aim especially on the DL although they might of over payed a bit but that comes with the territory of a losing team sometimes.
Regardless of how Ogbah or Lawson go this season, I still think they will spend 1 or 2 high picks in either 20/21 drafts on young edge players to develop themselves.

Back
Top Bottom