Clowney's asking price is dropping | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney's asking price is dropping

If they didn't think he was a great fit they wouldn't of tried to trade for him during the 2019 season with the Texans then turn around and try to pick him up as a FA offering him 17 mil a yr, you only do that with players you really want. Suh was given a bad contract no doubt.

You make a great point .... but ....

I never said THEY thought he is a bad fit .... I said "I don't see a fit" ...

He will have been on 3 different teams in his short tenure .... began last year wanting huge bucks ... still wants huge bucks ... and his production isn't worth top dollar IMO ... I don't see a fit ... But I don't make those decisions ... JMO

I thought Jackson debunked the 17 mil offer to Clowney from Fins. Also, we signed those edge guys really fast in FA, making it seem like they were primary targets. Not saying they weren't interested this year, but probably nowhere near his original asking price.

now his price is $15M. Maybe that is $12M-$15M now. This is the guy that puts this defense over the top. Constant harassment and our corners will make for a stifling defense

now his price is $15M. Maybe that is $12M-$15M now. This is the guy that puts this defense over the top. Constant harassment and our corners will make for a stifling defense
Overrated, IMO, and not worth the $.

3 sacks last year, and has never had a double digit sack season.

Good player, but more reputation, than actual production.

not sure how much of that was Watt. You make a fair point, but in our defense, he wouldn't excel?

If he were the move that would put us over the top, I'd probably sign him...but he isn't. $15 mil/year is pretty high IMO.

This move would make this defense legitimate. He is a potential 10 sack a year guy. Anyone who says his production is an issue has not watched him play. He disturbs the quarterback almost every play.

He is well worth 15 mil per year since he plays a premier position. We may have Ogbah and Lawson already but you can never have too many good pass rushers.

So Clowney's price is where Miami made it's offer. Was KVN the fall back or were they looking to get both? Just like real estate, the seller is showing desperation and the next buyer could even get him cheaper. To me, it's all about guaranteed money. That is probably lower too because his asking price is lowered. Defensive end is still a huge need. Miami should cut Albert and offer a deal to Clowney.
The article from Jackson says Miami made no offer.

This move would make this defense legitimate. He is a potential 10 sack a year guy. Anyone who says his production is an issue has not watched him play. He disturbs the quarterback almost every play.

He is well worth 15 mil per year since he plays a premier position. We may have Ogbah and Lawson already but you can never have too many good pass rushers.

Clowney is more of a run stopper than a pass rusher at this point

His “production” is far better than the sack numbers. He’s still a load and gets pressures and contains the edge. That said, last year was not a great showcase for him entering free agency. I doubt Miami bites unless the number got down closer to $15 million.

Back
Top Bottom