CMA awards - Dolphins irony | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CMA awards - Dolphins irony

Dolphindrew

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I find it ironic that on the same day Sparano benched Henne in favor of Penny, the CMA awards were televised. CMA also stands for cover my ***. That's what I feel Tony is doing here. Admittedly, I look forward to seeing what Penny can do with our JFL style offensive play schema, and have no doubt he'll complete a higher percentage of dump-offs and bubble screens than Henne. I just find it unfortunate, like Cote said in his article today, that we are essentially back to square 1 at the QB spot - same as we were when Dan hung 'em up. If this team is 6-2 and Henne is playing horrible, I agree with the "win now" move. I don't feel this team has a chance at January football, so I see this as a complete "CMA" move to try to eek out a 9-7 record, rather than see if the only thing resembling a "future" sits dejected on our bench.

Do not mistake this as an anti-Penny or pro-Henne post. It isn't. I just feel the move is not right, and a complete "CMA" move on the part of Sparano and/or Henning. The bottom line is.... if Henne really isn't our future, we are totally hosed because of long term needs at other positions in free agency and the draft (safety, LB, RB).

That's not irony. It's more a coincidence than anything else. I do agree with your larger point however.

Back
Top Bottom