CNN/ Dr.Z gives us an A- for draft grade. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CNN/ Dr.Z gives us an A- for draft grade.

DrewOldSchool

LeBatard, The Fat ******* of Miami.
Reaction score
CNN sportswriter Dr.Z graded us an A- for our draft efforts.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/04/26/z.draft.grades/1.html

"DOLPHINS -- While I had my mock draft jumping through all kinds of hoops, setting up a trade so that Miami could get Rodgers, the QB, I neglected one factor. The club just wasn't thrilled by him. But Ronnie Brown is the class runner of this draft. DE Matt Roth was a projected first rounder whom the Dolphins got in the second. LB Channing Crowder was projected to round No. 2 and Miami got him a round lower. So their modest little six-pick of a draft turned into a magnum of Champagne." Dr.Z

Glad to see somebody giving us love, unlike ESPN.

ESPN is a joke.... I havent seen their board, but I bet the 9ers and Cowboys got A's...

OMG! :eek: :eek: This is great news! :mdfin: :mdfin: This guy is usually on the money. We must have had a hell of a draft! :beerbang: :beerbang: He predicted us going 6-10 when Ricky left :smackhead and people here bashed him for it, but he was right on the money. If he says we had a good draft then Saban is the real deal! This is great news indeed, playoffs, here we come :cool2: :band: :cpatch:

beejay05 said:
ESPN is a joke.... I havent seen their board, but I bet the 9ers and Cowboys got A's...

Z's usually pretty solid and willing to admit when he's wrong unlike some. Plus his wife keeps him in line :wink:

Why do some people get all upset over grades??it doesn't mean jack any how. only time will tell who was right and wrong..

DrewOldSchool said:
CNN sportswriter Dr.Z graded us an A- for our draft efforts.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/04/26/z.draft.grades/1.html

"DOLPHINS -- While I had my mock draft jumping through all kinds of hoops, setting up a trade so that Miami could get Rodgers, the QB, I neglected one factor. The club just wasn't thrilled by him. But Ronnie Brown is the class runner of this draft. DE Matt Roth was a projected first rounder whom the Dolphins got in the second. LB Channing Crowder was projected to round No. 2 and Miami got him a round lower. So their modest little six-pick of a draft turned into a magnum of Champagne." Dr.Z
Good to hear, that's what we deserve.

Everyone but ESPN is giving us at least a B+ for this draft. Mostly As.

Z's still an idiot, but I'm glad he's giving us props.

go_fins said:
OMG! :eek: :eek: This is great news! :mdfin: :mdfin: This guy is usually on the money. We must have had a hell of a draft! :beerbang: :beerbang: He predicted us going 6-10 when Ricky left :smackhead and people here bashed him for it, but he was right on the money. If he says we had a good draft then Saban is the real deal! This is great news indeed, playoffs, here we come :cool2: :band: :cpatch:

Is this a sarcastic post? Dr Z is an idiot. He's the one that picked the Raiders and the Eagles to go the superbowl every year in the 90's. With the exception of ESPN almost every analyst has given us an A or A-. Dr Z is just on our bandwagon, for now.

Z's not an idiot at all. He watches game film religiously, admits when he makes mistakes and trashes the announcers/journalists that give too much love to "storyline" players. Hes a true student of the game and the ultimate sports journlaist imo.

Sure, hes been hard on us over the years, but only because we deserved it. He called us out for being too conservative (we were), for folding in the clutch (we did) and for continually failing to outsmart/outcoach our opponents (Hello? Wanny?). Now that we finally had a good draft, hes been very quick to give his praise.

Back
Top Bottom