CNNSI: Flynn Ready to Lead Franchise | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CNNSI: Flynn Ready to Lead Franchise

MD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Nice article on Flynn. I firmly believe this is the best option for the Dolphins.

http://cnnsi.com/2012/writers/jeff_diamond/02/15/flynn/index.html?sct=nfl_wr_a2

At LSU, he backed up for three seasons (including his time behind 2007 No. 1 overall NFL pick JaMarcus Russell). He was 10-2 as a senior starter with four come-from-behind victories and the BCS title game win over Ohio State, in which he tossed four touchdown passes and was named Offensive MVP.
"It was tough to wait so long to start at LSU, but that experience of going from a backup to the spotlight for one year definitely will help me as I hopefully move forward as an NFL starter," Flynn said. "Just playing in the SEC was great with all the big games -- it's as close as you can get to the NFL. When we beat Alabama with two TDs in the last five minutes, that was Nick Saban's first game against LSU where he'd coached, so that was huge. I've been in those pressure cooker situations -- the big college games and the national championship -- so I know I can handle it. I'm a laid back person so it doesn't affect me too much. I was confident then and I'm confident now."

As for his next destination, Flynn won't reveal his wish list at this time. Miami with Philbin and Mike Sherman (new offensive coordinator and former Packers coach) seems like the perfect fit since the Dolphins will adopt the Packers system that Flynn is most familiar with, and there is offensive talent there with wide receiver Brandon Marshall, running back Reggie Bush and perennial Pro Bowl left tackle Jake Long.
Washington, Seattle and Cleveland are the next most likely landing spots but both the Browns (with the No. 4 pick in the draft) and Redskins (No. 6) may be looking to trade up to the Rams No. 2 spot and select Robert Griffin III if Andrew Luck goes No. 1 as expected to Indianapolis. The Browns could stick with Colt McCoy but the Redskins are moving on from Rex Grossman and John Beck. Also remember that new Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie came from Green Bay, so he knows Flynn well.

IF Philbin is a believer I am all in with Flynn.

If Phil beleives in him I am in. If not trade up for Griffin. But do not go after Manning, to many unknowns about his health.

This off season, Flynn makes the most sense. Let him come in and compete with Moore. It looks like a win = win situation.
Moore/Flynn, plus draft another project like Foles or Osweiler. We should be set.
I have soured on Manning. To much drama, too much uncertainty about his health. The guy is 36 with a bad neck. No thanks.

Surprised to see they think he'll command 10mil a year, that puts him in the A.Rodgers range right now. I'd be happy with a back loaded deal....

6 yrs - 48mil, 16mil guarenteed, incentives to make the last 3 yrs grow to 10+mil

good to very good arm strength scouting reports from several gms...so much for that noodle arm stuff...flynn to miami seems like almost a given to me come march 13th

This off season, Flynn makes the most sense. Let him come in and compete with Moore. It looks like a win = win situation.
Moore/Flynn, plus draft another project like Foles or Osweiler. We should be set.
I have soured on Manning. To much drama, too much uncertainty about his health. The guy is 36 with a bad neck. No thanks.
the thing is, Flynn will not be competing with Moore, if he comes here he will be the starter. His FA contract will be way too big to keep him on the bench. I would totally agree if we could get him on the cheap, but there is no way that happens.

the thing is, Flynn will not be competing with Moore, if he comes here he will be the starter. His FA contract will be way too big to keep him on the bench. I would totally agree if we could get him on the cheap, but there is no way that happens.

bingo...

I'm "In for Flynn". Sign him, one or two more free agents, and POSSIBLY trade down in round one for more players including a rookie QB(unless Devlin can be counted on for the third QB).

OL, DL, S, TE, LB top five picks for Miami in April, IMO.

If Philbin wants him, we will get him. I do believe he's an upgrade over Moore in accuracy and awareness. Plus he will have an advantage already being in Philbins' system and being very successful in his 2 starts(against playoff teams). This should be a very fun offseason!!!

I would love to have Flynn come in and compete. If Philbin brings him in I am 100% comfortable with him and Moore as our QBs. If not we go after Tannenhill and call it a day.

Flynn is the best choice and we keep our draft picks.

If Phil beleives in him I am in. If not trade up for Griffin. But do not go after Manning, to many unknowns about his health.
Is just finished watching that HBO documentary about Joe Namath. For some strange reason, that story sounds a lot like what is going to happen to Peyton Manning. When Namath went to the Rams his career came to a shameful end. Whoever signs Manning is going to get a shell of the Manning that we all remember. He should just retire.

I see the most recent, in the long lineage of impressive LSU QBs, Jordan Jeffries, has declared for the draft. It'll be interesting to see if he's drafted at all, and if so, where he goes compared to Flynn's 7th round as a barometer of league consensus.

Back
Top Bottom