Coach Flo Week 2 OTA Presser | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flo Week 2 OTA Presser

That’s an interesting take…you call Mac Jones a “turd” QB?

His season last year stacks up against Tua’s best season…he actually led Bama to a start to finish championship…Something Tua failed to do…why is Jones a “Turd” to you?
He's a turd because he's a Pat now.

I have nothing against him, personally, other than his current team affiliation.

I have always felt his ceiling is excellent college QB, and his game was not going to translate to the NFL.

Early 3rd round would have been the sweet spot to roll the dice on him.

I see Danny Wuerffel, Gino Torretta, etc. and so on.

IE, great college production, no NFL career.

I'm not going to criticize the Pats FA spending spree considering we were the overpay kings last offseason...

If Jones ends up a turd as you say, then thats great for us. Why do you think Tua will excel but Jones will not in the Pros?
I posted about Jones to BlueFin above.

I don't think he's a good NFL prospect, and I don't see him succeeding.

Even if he does, he was over drafted. They could have traded down and gotten him later.

I see Tua quite differently. I don't think he's scratched the surface of what he'll become.

I'm not going to compare him to Steve Young, or Joe Montana, or Drew Brees, but it wouldn't surprise me if he grew into an upper echelon QB.

Never gonna happen.......

He doesn't believe he is here to entertain or inform.

I'm sure he sees the required interaction with the press as a huge pain in the a$$.

Can't say that I blame him, given the media's propensity for second guessing, and reporting things completely out of context.

Sucks for hardcore fans, but I blame the media, not Flo.
Nail it Mach

Jones didn't "fall" to the Pats.

They reached and took a late 2nd round/3rd round prospect at #15 in the first round.

Sort of like paying Nelson Agholor big WR money, and Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith big TE money.

You can pick a turd QB as high as you want, he isn't going to become Tom Brady.

You can pay TEs as much as you want, they aren't going to become Gronk and Hernandez.

Regardless of how desperate you are.
I agree. I'm not worried about Mac Jones at all

He's a turd because he's a Pat now.

I have nothing against him, personally, other than his current team affiliation.

I have always felt his ceiling is excellent college QB, and his game was not going to translate to the NFL.

Early 3rd round would have been the sweet spot to roll the dice on him.

I see Danny Wuerffel, Gino Torretta, etc. and so on.

IE, great college production, no NFL career.
Fair enough…I’m not so sure I agree with your assessment, as I see a very intelligent kid with good size and plenty of arm.

I wish the Patriots didn’t have him but it will certainly make for some interesting possible future matchups…assuming both Bama QB’s succeed in becoming starters and hold the position.

Fair enough…I’m not so sure I agree with your assessment, as I see a very intelligent kid with good size and plenty of arm.

I wish the Patriots didn’t have him but it will certainly make for some interesting possible future matchups…assuming both Bama QB’s succeed in becoming starters and hold the position.
I love the Pats got him. I actually cheered when they drafted him. His accuracy is straight up horrible. Let him try to scatter bomb his throws in the NFL and see how it goes. His WRs were open by 5 yards in college and always had to wait on the ball that won't work in the NFL. Tua was the most accurate QB in college football history, they are not the same player. Tua was the exception coming out of bama as QB, and even he still has to prove he can be a guy that carries a team on his back. Mac Jones is more of a Josh Rosen.

They reached and took a late 2nd round/3rd round prospect at #15 in the first round.

Sort of like paying Nelson Agholor big WR money, and Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith big TE money.

You can pay TEs as much as you want, they aren't going to become Gronk and Hernandez.

Agree, but you have to be worried with that coach and that defense Patriots could be contending again this year.

Man I love coach Flo but his pressers are so boring.. I mean, give us something. Good God!!

You know when I want to see coach Flo exciting...On game day.

Give nothing away, even who is looking like a superstar, because once the opponent finds out and is surprised...So will we, only as far as us, in a good way.

That’s an interesting take…you call Mac Jones a “turd” QB?

His season last year stacks up against Tua’s best season…he actually led Bama to a start to finish championship…Something Tua failed to do…why is Jones a “Turd” to you?
if Mac Jones is getting THAT kind of praise with all of those #1 receivers at Alabama, then why aren't you Tua haters giving Tua the same praise?

Smh

Tua>Jones

Perhaps a little early to call Jones a bad QB.

Man, Coach looks exhausted. I like his straight forward way.

Back
Top Bottom