Coach Flo Week 2 OTA Presser | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flo Week 2 OTA Presser

Jones didn't "fall" to the Pats.

They reached and took a late 2nd round/3rd round prospect at #15 in the first round.

Sort of like paying Nelson Agholor big WR money, and Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith big TE money.

You can pick a turd QB as high as you want, he isn't going to become Tom Brady.

You can pay TEs as much as you want, they aren't going to become Gronk and Hernandez.

Regardless of how desperate you are.
Yeah, all off-season I’ve been thinking that the Pats are operating in “desperation mode”. These are the sorts of moves a team makes when they’re trying to go all in to stay a contender when their window is clearly closing. I’ll be happy when that franchise fades back into mediocrity for good.

i take anything said this time of year with a complete bottle of salt, but if i was a Patriots fan i would be extremely prepared to hear a lot more of this in my immediate future.

3. NE - Mac Jones struggles Friday

Source: ESPN.com - Mike Reiss

New England Patriots QB Mac Jones had some notable missed throws during practice Friday, June 4.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Jones has a golden opportunity with Cam Newton sidelined by a hand injury, but it sounds like he has been outplayed by Jarrett Stidham. It's possible that he's not even the backup to open the season, but it's still very very early in the 2021 calendar to make any pronouncements. This was still not the news you were looking for if you hoped Jones would start early in 2021 and revitalize the Patriots passing game.

I love the Pats got him. I actually cheered when they drafted him. His accuracy is straight up horrible. Let him try to scatter bomb his throws in the NFL and see how it goes. His WRs were open by 5 yards in college and always had to wait on the ball that won't work in the NFL. Tua was the most accurate QB in college football history, they are not the same player. Tua was the exception coming out of bama as QB, and even he still has to prove he can be a guy that carries a team on his back. Mac Jones is more of a Josh Rosen.
Ok…We’ll see!

i take anything said this time of year with a complete bottle of salt, but if i was a Patriots fan i would be extremely prepared to hear a lot more of this in my immediate future.

3. NE - Mac Jones struggles Friday

Source: ESPN.com - Mike Reiss

New England Patriots QB Mac Jones had some notable missed throws during practice Friday, June 4.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Jones has a golden opportunity with Cam Newton sidelined by a hand injury, but it sounds like he has been outplayed by Jarrett Stidham. It's possible that he's not even the backup to open the season, but it's still very very early in the 2021 calendar to make any pronouncements. This was still not the news you were looking for if you hoped Jones would start early in 2021 and revitalize the Patriots passing game.
Agree it is not the type of thing you want to hear. However it is early. There may be negative articles and opinions from early in the careers of Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, etc out there as well
BTW, many are saying negative things about Tua. Time will tell.

Agree it is not the type of thing you want to hear. However it is early. There may be negative articles and opinions from early in the careers of Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, etc out there as well
BTW, many are saying negative things about Tua. Time will tell.
agreed!

I love articles like this.

Of course SF didn't trade up to #3 for Mac Jones.

But they really shat the bed trading up with us at all.

Never gonna happen.......

He doesn't believe he is here to entertain or inform.

I'm sure he sees the required interaction with the press as a huge pain in the a$$.

Can't say that I blame him, given the media's propensity for second guessing, and reporting things completely out of context.

Sucks for hardcore fans, but I blame the media, not Flo.
Agreed. He's going to always be as vanilla as it gets regarding his comments to the press and how much he tips his hand. It's ultimately for the Phins as a team. Not to mention, if he did share something, wouldn't we all just immediately speculate whatever he "divulged" to death? The guy can't win with most fans until TC starts at the earliest.

Agreed. He's going to always be as vanilla as it gets regarding his comments to the press and how much he tips his hand. It's ultimately for the Phins as a team. Not to mention, if he did share something, wouldn't we all just immediately speculate whatever he "divulged" to death? The guy can't win with most fans until TC starts at the earliest.
It's the correct way to run a franchise too, from a purely business standpoint.

There's a whole big, highly paid "promotion" side to the business, and any controversey, deserved or not, drives them up a wall.

From a coaches position, Flo's a serious guy. He doesn't want to play "reality show" to the media, put out bulletin board material, disrespect ppl in general, etc.

There was a situation when the media bated him in a postgame, and he named Rosen the starter after a loss. Turns out that was a knee jerk answer.

I think he learned his lesson about dealing with the media.

Last edited:
It's the correct way to run a franchise too, from a purely business standpoint.

There's a whole big, highly paid "promotion" side to the business, and any controversey, deserved or not, drives them up a wall.

From a coaches position, Flo's a serious guy. He doesn't want to play "reality show" to the media, put out bulletin board material, disrespect ppl in general, etc.

There was a situation when the media bated him in a postgame, and he named Rosen the starter after a loss. Turns out that was a knee jerk answer.

I think he learned his lesson about dealing with the media.
The media are mushrooms. Feed them **** and keep them in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom