Coach Flores Meets With The Media Ahead Of Rookie Minicamp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flores Meets With The Media Ahead Of Rookie Minicamp

Over 16 minutes into my watching (I may have missed the beginning), and I didn't notice him say the words "Miami Dolphins" even once yet. I really want him to build OUR team … not just a generic team. He really needs to get that memo eventually. This non-brand thing doesn't feel good after he draped the Patriot name all over him so often.

Over 16 minutes into my watching (I may have missed the beginning), and I didn't notice him say the words "Miami Dolphins" even once yet. I really want him to build OUR team … not just a generic team. He really needs to get that memo eventually. This non-brand thing doesn't feel good after he draped the Patriot name all over him so often.

Agreed! Baby steps at this point everyone including the coach needs to get better.
Honestly, I'm a lot more interested in what he does with the guys and coaching staff behind the Miami Dolphins brand.

Agreed! Baby steps at this point everyone including the coach needs to get better.
Honestly, I'm a lot more interested in what he does with the guys and coaching staff behind the Miami Dolphins brand.
I think it may be completely intentional … although the message is utterly lost on me, because it pisses me off honestly, and I feel betrayed a bit as a fan. But, I just listened to Chad O'Shea's latest interview, he specifically mentioned being a coaches son when his dad coached at the U, so that was the only references he made to "Miami" as a team. He also specifically mentioned going to a Marlins game …. no mention of the Miami Dolphins.

I hope this works. I hope it builds the team. But as a fan … I don't like it. In fact, let me re-phrase it.

After watching 16 minutes of [Generic Coach]'s media time, I'm shocked that [Generic Coach] didn't even utter the words [Team Name] once. Then I watched [Generic Coach]'s interview as well and [Generic Coach] also didn't mention [Team Name] at all either. While [Generic Coach] freely named [Generic Coach] and [Generic Coach] for the wonderful job they're doing with [Generic Player], [Generic Player], and [Generic Player], it was a little disconcerting to not hear [Generic Coach], our coach, even utter the [Team Name] at all. Oh well … I hope it works out for [Generic Coach], because in the end … we're rooting for the laundry. [Generic Coach] really is setting the bar higher. Go [Team Name]!

He feels good about our defensive end position.... okay then

I get its all coach speak, and he doesnt want to talk bad about anyone, but man

He says, "Miami Dolphins" at the 4:37 mark.

I think it may be completely intentional … although the message is utterly lost on me, because it pisses me off honestly, and I feel betrayed a bit as a fan. But, I just listened to Chad O'Shea's latest interview, he specifically mentioned being a coaches son when his dad coached at the U, so that was the only references he made to "Miami" as a team. He also specifically mentioned going to a Marlins game …. no mention of the Miami Dolphins.

I hope this works. I hope it builds the team. But as a fan … I don't like it. In fact, let me re-phrase it.

After watching 16 minutes of [Generic Coach]'s media time, I'm shocked that [Generic Coach] didn't even utter the words [Team Name] once. Then I watched [Generic Coach]'s interview as well and [Generic Coach] also didn't mention [Team Name] at all either. While [Generic Coach] freely named [Generic Coach] and [Generic Coach] for the wonderful job they're doing with [Generic Player], [Generic Player], and [Generic Player], it was a little disconcerting to not hear [Generic Coach], our coach, even utter the [Team Name] at all. Oh well … I hope it works out for [Generic Coach], because in the end … we're rooting for the laundry. [Generic Coach] really is setting the bar higher. Go [Team Name]!

Huh. I felt the opposite. When he first got hired, after just winning the Super Bowl, it was like he wouldn't even say the Patriots name and he seemed to say Dolphins every 2nd sentence. It seemed over done to me. And in those moments, I generally wanted to hear about his insights in the Super Bowl. Our new coach just shut down McVay and the Rams in spectacular fashion. Fill us in. But he really didn't. He kept talking about moving forward and what's done is done, and now it's all about the Fins, etc. I take no issue with your frustrations, it's just always interesting how folks can feel differently about these things. And granted, the videos and interviews we've been seeing could be different between us so we've been seeing different responses from him and staff. Overall, not an issue to me. I get the feeling this staff enjoys being together and their "Dolphin" talk will crank up even more once those games start rolling in, when everyone is fighting together to get it done.

I could care less how he handles the media. Let me see how he deals with being down big at half-time or something. Great media presence doesn't make you a great coach.

Huh. I felt the opposite. When he first got hired, after just winning the Super Bowl, it was like he wouldn't even say the Patriots name and he seemed to say Dolphins every 2nd sentence. It seemed over done to me. And in those moments, I generally wanted to hear about his insights in the Super Bowl. Our new coach just shut down McVay and the Rams in spectacular fashion. Fill us in. But he really didn't. He kept talking about moving forward and what's done is done, and now it's all about the Fins, etc. I take no issue with your frustrations, it's just always interesting how folks can feel differently about these things. And granted, the videos and interviews we've been seeing could be different between us so we've been seeing different responses from him and staff. Overall, not an issue to me. I get the feeling this staff enjoys being together and their "Dolphin" talk will crank up even more once those games start rolling in, when everyone is fighting together to get it done.
After watching about 8 of these coaching interviews, all being like 10-15 minutes or so, and only 2 of the 8 even uttered the words "Miami Dolphins" and that was shocking. DC and OL both said it exactly once. And the OL coach also said "Dolphin" one more time … I can't see how this is just a coincidence.

Maybe Coach Flores wants the team to build their own identity? Maybe he wants to distance his crew from the dysfunction of previous teams? Maybe he just doesn't care about the city or team tradition? I have no idea what his rationale is … but hey, his style. I dont' have to like it … as long as he builds a winner …. but that's a must.

Back
Top Bottom