Coach Flores Meets With The Media Ahead Of Rookie Minicamp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flores Meets With The Media Ahead Of Rookie Minicamp

Over 16 minutes into my watching (I may have missed the beginning), and I didn't notice him say the words "Miami Dolphins" even once yet. I really want him to build OUR team … not just a generic team. He really needs to get that memo eventually. This non-brand thing doesn't feel good after he draped the Patriot name all over him so often.

He said "Miami Dolphins" 4:39 in, so uh I guess you missed it.

I'd rather hear him say "we" "us" "our team" because that conveys ownership vs a generic "Miami Dolphins" label which seems disconnected.

Honestly confused why he’s expected to utter the name Miami Dolphins when he is representing the Miami Dolphins. It would be like him saying Brian Flores. What context are you guys expecting for him to say ‘Miami Dolphins’?

After watching about 8 of these coaching interviews, all being like 10-15 minutes or so, and only 2 of the 8 even uttered the words "Miami Dolphins" and that was shocking. DC and OL both said it exactly once. And the OL coach also said "Dolphin" one more time … I can't see how this is just a coincidence.

Maybe Coach Flores wants the team to build their own identity? Maybe he wants to distance his crew from the dysfunction of previous teams? Maybe he just doesn't care about the city or team tradition? I have no idea what his rationale is … but hey, his style. I dont' have to like it … as long as he builds a winner …. but that's a must.
... or maybe you’re looking for something to bitch about? Yeah I’m gonna go with that.

Honestly confused why he’s expected to utter the name Miami Dolphins when he is representing the Miami Dolphins. It would be like him saying Brian Flores. What context are you guys expecting for him to say ‘Miami Dolphins’?
This notion about not saying the words ‘Miami Dolphins’ every five ****ing seconds is one of the most batshit insane, stupid complaints I’ve ever seen outside of the ****ing POFO.

He said "Miami Dolphins" 4:39 in, so uh I guess you missed it.

I'd rather hear him say "we" "us" "our team" because that conveys ownership vs a generic "Miami Dolphins" label which seems disconnected.
GREAT! So that's 3 of about 12 coaches that used the phrase! I saw that the interview was over 18 minutes in length … how many times did he say it? Just the one time?

... or maybe you’re looking for something to bitch about? Yeah I’m gonna go with that.
Maybe … but then again, I tend to post many more constructive and positive posts than negative ones. For this I've been called lots of names like "homer" and such, but this does bother me. Maybe my association and source of connection with my team is a little different than yours … but it does bother me.

Maybe … but then again, I tend to post many more constructive and positive posts than negative ones. For this I've been called lots of names like "homer" and such, but this does bother me. Maybe my association and source of connection with my team is a little different than yours … but it does bother me.
That’s fine... I just think it’s a weird thing to be bothered by. To each their own.

GREAT! So that's 3 of about 12 coaches that used the phrase! I saw that the interview was over 18 minutes in length … how many times did he say it? Just the one time?

Well I guess you would be the one fan. That would like him to sing the Miami Dolphins fight song after every answer.

After watching about 8 of these coaching interviews, all being like 10-15 minutes or so, and only 2 of the 8 even uttered the words "Miami Dolphins" and that was shocking. DC and OL both said it exactly once. And the OL coach also said "Dolphin" one more time … I can't see how this is just a coincidence.

Maybe Coach Flores wants the team to build their own identity? Maybe he wants to distance his crew from the dysfunction of previous teams? Maybe he just doesn't care about the city or team tradition? I have no idea what his rationale is … but hey, his style. I dont' have to like it … as long as he builds a winner …. but that's a must.

Maybe...just maybe, he feels they have to EARN the title of Miami Dolphins first.

Seems more appropriate in that context. :)

Maybe...just maybe, he feels they have to EARN the title of Miami Dolphins first.

Seems more appropriate in that context. :)
Or maybe these guys were toddlers the last time the dolphins were relevant, so they don't see anything to brag about.

Most of these guys have been to multiple deep playoff runs, super bowls, etcetera.

They will be proud of the franchise, if/when there is something to be proud of.

I can understand a lifetime homer looks upon the past to get some sense of greatness, but these guys are looking to the future.

The last SB win was over forty years ago. Flores is the new coach of a floundering organization. He doesn't seem the type to trade on accomplishments that he had no part of.

Or maybe these guys were toddlers the last time the dolphins were relevant, so they don't see anything to brag about.

Most of these guys have been to multiple deep playoff runs, super bowls, etcetera.

They will be proud of the franchise, if/when there is something to be proud of.

I can understand a lifetime homer looks upon the past to get some sense of greatness, but these guys are looking to the future.

The last SB win was over forty years ago. Flores is the new coach of a floundering organization. He doesn't seem the type to trade on accomplishments that he had no part of.

Thought I said that.

Unless you are saying that Flores is greater than the Miami Dolphins franchise.

Well I guess you would be the one fan. That would like him to sing the Miami Dolphins fight song after every answer.
Weird … that's not something I've ever said.

If that's an attempt at Reducto Ab Absurdem … then I'd call that weaksong. :)

Back
Top Bottom