Coach Flores Meets With The Media Following The Game At Tampa Bay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flores Meets With The Media Following The Game At Tampa Bay

We have 16 games to evaluate if we wasted two draft picks on Rosen, or if we got a steal. They shouldn't be wasting one minute on Fitzpatrick. Start Rosen and let him, either sink or swim. The worst that can happen is we end up at the top of the draft next year. The best is we have our qb, and we can use those picks to better this roster. I really hope we didn't hire another fool as a coach.
I don't think it quite that simple.

This is obviously a complex offense to run, and it's success is dependent upon pre/post reads. Putting Rosen out there if he isn't ready, doesn't do anyone any good.

I would prefer JR start immediately, but if he watches from the sideline for a couple of weeks, and that makes him better prepared, what's the downside?

He can prove just as much in 13 weeks, as he can in 16 weeks.

I don't think it quite that simple.

This is obviously a complex offense to run, and it's success is dependent upon pre/post reads. Putting Rosen out there if he isn't ready, doesn't do anyone any good.

I would prefer JR start immediately, but if he watches from the sideline for a couple of weeks, and that makes him better prepared, what's the downside?

He can prove just as much in 13 weeks, as he can in 16 weeks.
What's there to learn from Fitzpatrick, how to be as wildly inconsistent as possible? The guy has been on 8 teams already for a reason. When he was signed to be a stop gap until next year, I was fine with it. Once we spent two draft picks on Rosen, that went out the window. The last thing this team needs is Fitzpatrick to be just good enough to not see Rosen, and to not get us a high draft pick. It's plain stupid not to see what we have in Rosen, for as many games as possible. But to each their own I guess. Just my opinion.

What's there to learn from Fitzpatrick, how to be as wildly inconsistent as possible? The guy has been on 8 teams already for a reason. When he was signed to be a stop gap until next year, I was fine with it. Once we spent two draft picks on Rosen, that went out the window. The last thing this team needs is Fitzpatrick to be just good enough to not see Rosen, and to not get us a high draft pick. It's plain stupid not to see what we have in Rosen, for as many games as possible. But to each their own I guess. Just my opinion.
what's worse itls fitzpatrick does enough to stay relevant and keep his backup at bay. It's the frustration with the whole situation for me. Fitzpatrick will give you a couple good games sure, but it takes another 3 to bench him because his decline is slower then people realize. Starting him stunts the development of Rosen because in the end you can't teach a old dog new tricks

Imo, Rosen got the chance to take the starting job in game 2 and did not.

Good point. I think Rosen outplayed Fitz in game two, but it's not an apples to apples comparison with the second team offense. Make Rosen earn it. That's how it should be.

Exactly. I think Flores was giving Rosen a chance to seize the job with an amazing performance last week. Simply outplaying Fitz for one game wasn't going to be enough, it had to be great.

I think if Fitz does start next game it will only be for a quarter than Rosen can come in and work the second and third with starters. Therefore, both get to work with starters and see how perform.

There's nothing to learn from RF. That was not my point at all, but you knew that.

There's nothing to learn from RF. That was not my point at all, but you knew that.
I'm agreeing with you for the most part, just saying if he is going to play 13, then play the 16. It's not like we are worrying about losing, that's going to happen with either qb, the team is not good enough. It's one big evaluation, and Fitzpatrick should be any part of it.

I'm agreeing with you for the most part, just saying if he is going to play 13, then play the 16. It's not like we are worrying about losing, that's going to happen with either qb, the team is not good enough. It's one big evaluation, and Fitzpatrick should be any part of it.
And I'm just saying that if, in the HC's opinion, JR would be better off watching from the sideline fo a couple weeks to be better prepared, I'll defer to his judgement.

Back
Top Bottom